• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

Saw that the Titans owner was fined 250k for flipping the bird at a fan and if that’s the case or not much higher fine I could see Tepper continuing to do it

And people like Fit make money in sports and don't understand sports.

Because the owner makes a lot of money and doesn't understand sports.

Has a franchise ever misspent this much draft capital chasing a QB before? And did they do it while trading an MVP candidate, their #1 WR, and deciding not to trade a pass rusher that they fail to re-sign?

Because the owner makes a lot of money and doesn't understand sports.

Has a franchise ever misspent this much draft capital chasing a QB before? And did they do it while trading an MVP candidate, their #1 WR, and deciding not to trade a pass rusher that they fail to re-sign?
To make the moves they did before the 23 draft you've got to be completely confident that you're drafting a career stud quarterback.. and they ended up drafting a munchkin.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I wonder how much this season will effect season tickets for next year. Home games I’d think will be embarrassing next year. If Tepper had any designs on a new stadium he has certainly made that a much more difficult sell with his performance the last 12 months

I wonder how much this season will effect season tickets for next year. Home games I’d think will be embarrassing next year. If Tepper had any designs on a new stadium he has certainly made that a much more difficult sell with his performance the last 12 months
Yeah Charlotte needs to tell him to fuck off if he wants public financing for a new stadium.

Tepper, a hedge-fund billionaire, could face a fine for his actions. But considering that Tepper is worth $20.6 billion, that’s not really going to leave a mark.

If the league wanted to do Panthers’ fans a favor, they’d ban Tepper from Bank of America Stadium for the next five weeks or so and let someone else hire the Panthers’ next head coach and, possibly, the next general manager.

Much of what Tepper touches in the business world might turn to gold. But since buying the team in 2018, just about everything Tepper has touched when it comes to football has turned to crap.

• He’s fired three head coaches in-season in less than six years.

• Carolina has posted a .316 winning percentage (31-67) that is the NFL’s second-worst over that span, just one game behind the New York Jets’ mark of .306 (30-68).

• The Panthers have made zero playoff appearances since Tepper purchased the team from Jerry Richardson.

Tepper passed over Steve Wilks for the head-coaching job last winter after the Charlotte, N.C., native went 6-6 as interim coach, won over the locker room and nearly got the Panthers into the postseason.

Advertisement

• He walked away from a state-of-the-art training facility in Rock Hill, S.C., after disputes with Rock Hill and York County over public financing for the $800 million project.

And that doesn’t even include all the quarterbacks, executives and soccer coaches Tepper has cycled through since arriving in Charlotte.

I'll be keeping mine. But only because there are big money games on our home slate. And IDGAF who buys them anymore so I'll take my profit and run.

Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs
Chargers
Bengals
Cardinals
Saints
Bucs
Falcons

Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs, and Bengals will all flip for 2x-4x face value. Hopefully the Panthers find a way to keep the Chiefs game in Charlotte. It was reported it would be in Germany then reports came out that the Panthers could "protect" it to keep it in Charlotte.

I'll be keeping mine. But only because there are big money games on our home slate. And IDGAF who buys them anymore so I'll take my profit and run.

Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs
Chargers
Bengals
Cardinals
Saints
Bucs
Falcons

Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs, and Bengals will all flip for 2x-4x face value. Hopefully the Panthers find a way to keep the Chiefs game in Charlotte. It was reported it would be in Germany then reports came out that the Panthers could "protect" it to keep it in Charlotte.
Yeah it would suck to have Mahomes' first (and probably only) visit to NC get shipped overseas by the NFL. I'm sure they will find a way to increase the overall prices slightly next year (since we have 9 regular season home games as compared to 8 this year), but if the organization has any sense it would leave season ticket prices the same next year as a gesture of goodwill. I won't be holding my breath though....

Yeah it would suck to have Mahomes' first (and probably only) visit to NC get shipped overseas by the NFL. I'm sure they will find a way to increase the overall prices slightly next year (since we have 9 regular season home games as compared to 8 this year), but if the organization has any sense it would leave season ticket prices the same next year as a gesture of goodwill. I won't be holding my breath though....

Technically there will still only be 8 home games played in BoA, since we lose one "home" game to Germany. I don't see how they raise ticket prices, after raising them last offseason after we acquired the #1 pick.

That's right, I forgot we were due to lose a home game to an international game in 2024. Looks like we can protect 2 opponents, so I'd expect them to protect the Cowboys and the Chiefs, though Tepper may not have liked seeing the stadium 2/3rd's full of Cowboys fans this season.

That's right, I forgot we were due to lose a home game to an international game in 2024. Looks like we can protect 2 opponents, so I'd expect them to protect the Cowboys and the Chiefs, though Tepper may not have liked seeing the stadium 2/3rd's full of Cowboys fans this season.
"Full" is the keyword there.

Back