• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

My extremely early take would be taking a long look at Jim Knowles.

Would at least gauge Jason Candle's interest, though he's clearly waiting for something in the midwest. Curt Cignetti is an obvious option within the region but I would think age (62) is a factor.
I thought the same thing about Cignetti's age, but if they are looking for someone with a good record in the region, he is the obvious choice. Its interesting that the Troy coach, Jon Sumrall's name isn't getting much traction, but maybe not enough body of work.

Real players’ coach

That article is... woof. Think Elko botched it a little? Lol

"Current players watched video posted online by Aggies247.com as Elko and his wife, Michelle, departed Texas A&M's private jet along with Athletics Director Ross Bjork. Several of them expressed disbelief on social media that the coach who had told them earlier that afternoon at 3PM in an in-person meeting that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would take the job left in the middle of the night without informing them first of his decision."

That article is... woof. Think Elko botched it a little? Lol

"Current players watched video posted online by Aggies247.com as Elko and his wife, Michelle, departed Texas A&M's private jet along with Athletics Director Ross Bjork. Several of them expressed disbelief on social media that the coach who had told them earlier that afternoon at 3PM in an in-person meeting that he was 50/50 on whether or not he would take the job left in the middle of the night without informing them first of his decision."

Got paid.

Wonder what Clawson's thoughts are on seeing his assistant rise meteorically like Elko did vs how he's come up in the coaching world

Wonder what Clawson's thoughts are on seeing his assistant rise meteorically like Elko did vs how he's come up in the coaching world

When Clawson was Elko’s age, he had been a head coach 13 of the previous 14 years and took the Wake job.

If Clawson could have won without the slow mesh and fielded a serviceable defense a few times he would have gotten a similar offer.

I wonder what Ruggiero is thinking considering they were both coordinators at Bowling Green back in '09. You can say Ruggiero never wanted to be a HC, that's fine, but now he's probably looking at the paycheck Elko is getting and must be wondering what if.

Curt Cignetti’s bro Frank just got fired as Pitt OC.

You have to love how these guys talk out of both sides of their mouths. Wasn't it not too many hours ago Elko say emphatically how happy he was at Duke?
Gots to love it.

Back