• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Finally, someone who agrees with me. Let’s let Tucker have his day in court.
The vibe could change as the "facts" come out, but right now I'm thinking Tucker's "day in court" is strictly to determine whether or not he gets paid on the way out vs. does he keep his job.

The vibe could change as the "facts" come out, but right now I'm thinking Tucker's "day in court" is strictly to determine whether or not he gets paid on the way out vs. does he keep his job.
Agreed. He should take $25 million cash and run.

The one fact revealed in this case is that there were 27 phone calls. If someone was harrassing you, why would you answer the phone after the second or third call?

The one fact revealed in this case is that there were 27 phone calls. If someone was harrassing you, why would you answer the phone after the second or third call?
Because the highest paid employee in your organization has power over you (either directly or indirectly) and you fear retribution.

Because the highest paid employee in your organization has power over you (either directly or indirectly) and you fear retribution.

She's not an actual part of the MSU organization. She goes from college to college to educate and inspire.

Is it possible that the first calls were not felt to be threatening. With time, he may have become more bold and then the harassment progressed later?

Is it possible that the first calls were not felt to be threatening. With time, he may have become more bold and then the harassment progressed later?

Of course it's possible. I suspect your scenario was the course of action but the facts of the matter have not been divulged. The only other known fact is the coach is married.

More fodder for you people who are fascinated by this story.

Lmao would love to see the documentation on that serious health condition. What incredible timing for that to pop up.

There's nothing that says "I'm totally innocent" more than blaming the leakers.

There's nothing that says "I'm totally innocent" more than blaming the leakers.

Exactly. Clawson isn't touching that toxicity within 100 miles. God only knows what else is coming out of that situation and while Clawson is certainly not old, he's not a spring chicken either.

Michigan State gave Mel Tucker a ridiculous contract extension, and those in power at MSU see this situation as a get out of jail free card. Put another way, if Tucker had Harbaugh's record over the past two seasons, they would have handled this differently. MSU has never been about protecting the rights of the abused. That school had knowledge of Dr. Larry Nasser molesting almost every female athlete for years and did nothing about it, until the athletes had no alternative to go public. MSU knew they screwed themselves with a bad contract, and they now have a gift to get out it.

OTOH, Tucker is unbelievably dumb to engage in any kind of sexual relationship, consensual or not, with someone that works (even as a consultant) for a program that he heads. Add in the fact that she is a sexual harassment advocate makes Tucker's actions so stupid to the point that it seems like he wanted to this to happen.

Last edited:
You ever been the highest paid state employee in your state, with a morality clause in your 100 million dollar contract, masturbating on the phone to a sexual assault prevention consultant you hired to speak to the team you coach, and thought to yourself “This is just fine and normal and no way I ever get in trouble for this.”

You ever been the highest paid state employee in your state, with a morality clause in your 100 million dollar contract, masturbating on the phone to a sexual assault prevention consultant you hired to speak to the team you coach, and thought to yourself “This is just fine and normal and no way I ever get in trouble for this.”
record scratch

Yep, that’s me…

The lack of self-awareness is just unbelievable.

Back