• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

firing a coach before he even finishes his FIRST season is tough....that's a head shaker.

And Duke, what too early?????
Would be nice- want Elko out of our backyard. I live in Texas and sentiment is while he didn’t hate his time in College Station, it’s not seen as the best fit on either side. Plus - they’re shooting for higher since they’re already all in money wise.

Would be nice- want Elko out of our backyard. I live in Texas and sentiment is while he didn’t hate his time in College Station, it’s not seen as the best fit on either side. Plus - they’re shooting for higher since they’re already all in money wise.
A&M for some time has had the pieces in place to become a top-tier program. They have stumbled, over and over, in hiring elite coaches. Fisher was a pretty good coach but benefitted from two years of Jameis Winston and then was exposed. My guess is that they'll try to remedy this chronic problem with insane overtures to Urban Meyer who, despite his baggage, is the only guy out there who is available and of whom it can justly be said is an elite coach, on the level with Saban, Smart, etc.

Too soon to add Michigan?

Does Harbaugh run away from his problems and go back to the NFL? Presumably to the Bears?

Athletic's proposed candidates for A&M

Dan Campbell (he played at A&M, and would get a pay raise as crazy as that sounds)
Elko
Dan Lanning
Norvell (would be hilarious if A&M took another swing at a FSU coach)
Jonathan Smith (he's great; and his current school has no conference, but he's an Oregon State alum)
Lance Leipold
Chris Klieman

With the money that A&M has to throw around can't see them going to a Group of V school, but:

UTSA's Jeff Traylor was a legend coaching Texas HS football, and he is continued to win at UTSA.

FWIW, Arizona's Jedd Fisch would be a great hire for any of the schools with an opening. Could see Miss State offering him big money.

Too soon to add Michigan?

Does Harbaugh run away from his problems and go back to the NFL? Presumably to the Bears?
There has been some noise from NFL that Harbaugh going to an NFL team wouldn't end whatever the NCAA is doing. Insinuating that the NFL might implement whatever punishment the NCAA levies on Harbaugh.

Lol, what ? Are you suggesting the Bears would suspend Harbaugh for the first half of the season opener and enforce a show cause or something ?

Yeah. I heard that noise and it was immediate shut down as a joke.

No way the McCaskeys pay what it would take to bring Harbaugh to the Bears

Back