• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Dabo very much appears to be a coach in decline. Not sure what the appeal would be for A&M.

Dabo very much appears to be a coach in decline. Not sure what the appeal would be for A&M.
Jimbo was in decline when A&M hired him. Maybe that's their type.

A&M President: Ok, we just fired National Championship winning coach Jimbo Fisher and paid him $75 million to go away, who do we have lined up for the first interview to be our new coach?
A&M AD: That would UT San Antonio coach Jeff Traylor.

A&M President: Ok, we just fired National Championship winning coach Jimbo Fisher and paid him $75 million to go away, who do we have lined up for the first interview to be our new coach?
A&M AD: That would UT San Antonio coach Jeff Traylor.
Apparently when Jeff Traylor was an assistant at Texas, his son was a walk on at Texas A&M. His son would leak stuff to his father for negative recruiting against Texas A&M. There are a lot of A&M boosters who will block the Traylor hire.

FWIW, Teryl Austin was an assistant at WF under Caldwell.

if you told me that half the guys on that list had already coached at Syracuse and been fired I'd believe you

Bob Chesney is an interesting name and would probably make sense for him to jump to a FBS school in the Northeast, but man if they think they can grab Cignetti they should move on that.

Syracuse is a hellhole. We used to have a house on Skaneateles Lake about 40 minutes south of Syracuse, so you got the news up there from Syracuse TV stations. Shootings every night, the city is about the ugliest I have ever seen, gang warfare, terrible weather unless you like shoveling snow every day for five months a year, you name it. Just plain awful. Why anyone would choose to attend Syracuse is beyond me. I can't imagine having to recruit players to a football program there. Nobody who has the means to leave stays there.

I read a rumor article of Elko to Notre Dame with Leonard following.

I'd think A&M would go hard for Elko.

I'd take him because of what he's accomplished. It's not a slam on Clawson but anybody that's observed us, even in the good that he's done, Clawson has not been able to field a true defense for a P5 program. Elko has done that and shown that he can build a very strong, diverse offense or at least choose the coach who can.

Last edited:
Notre Dame doesn't have a coach opening
The article was predicting they will. Alum forking over $2 million and not close to a playoff birth.

I think Hartman did well. ND just didn't have elite receivers or fast, athletic OL.

I could write an article predicting that Saban is going to leave Alabama to coach Kent State. ND is not firing Marcus Freeman.

Back