• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 College Football Coaching Carousel

Sounds like Elko and their interim coach are the finalists for A&M after the fans revolt against Stoops who was all set to accept the job and get out of Ky.

Would TAMU fans really accept their interim when it seems like they have designs for Day or Dabo.

I’m surprised coaches get long contracts anymore. Usually that’s done for recruits to feel safe committing, but these days so many of those recruits are going to end up leaving anyway.

Jesus so the Indiana coach was getting paid $5MM/year and had a $20MM+ buyout. College football has gone completely nuts.
Conferences are getting annihilated because ADs put pen to paper for these bullshit contracts.

The same ADs and coaches signing these contracts complain about NIL. $20M could cover at least 3-4 years of salary comparable to NIL at a school like Indiana.

If the Clawson era ends, we should try to hire a PE teacher for $100K and then put $2-3M a year directly to the roster.

You jest but it would be fun to think out of the box. Like hire the guy who never punts (though maybe his strategy was proven ineffective).

You jest but it would be fun to think out of the box. Like hire the guy who never punts (though maybe his strategy was proven ineffective).
I never jest. I was once rated the worst audience participant Cirque Du Soliel ever had.

Back