• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Election Day

The Pubs gonna keep finding out: You reap what you ROE.
Eh, they still think that burning books and making sure one trans kid in a middle school somewhere can’t play softball are actually making the world a better place for children. We have a Republican Party that is crying about the Trump children having to testify in a fraud trial (They are children, they have families!) while wanting Congressional hearings on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Claiming govt handouts are being stolen by illegal immigrants but re-electing politicians who are are doing the stealing. Expecting this party to learn anything is hoping too much. Every GOP politician with any sense of what is happening has retired like a coward rather than fight the tide. The rest think what is happening is totally justifiable to stop Biden who has has committed the unforgivable sin of being old. Self awareness is not exactly high on the wishlist for any Republican politician.

Call me an Old Pub if that makes you feel better. I still believe in less Federal government bureaucracy, less spending and budget control and overall interference; sound law and order and the need to be actively involved in spreading democracy around the world. But these are no longer tenets of the Pubs platform. They are now more concerned about limiting individual rights (abortion) under the veil of “states rights”, nominating and electing scrubs like Trump, Tuberville and Santos to name a few. And protecting a continued lame, paranoid viewpoint rather than embracing new realities. But the Dems who you blindly support are inept. They have failed to successfully lead, beginning with their feeble leader Biden who has no clue. And as long as you support mediocrity, the more mediocre as a Nation we become. Am I looking for someone to step up and get me back to the polls; believe again? You bet your sweet ass. But at this point I don’t care if it’s a party of Martians. It sure isn’t anyone in the current political system.

I don't think you should be able to run for school board seats unless you have a vested interest (i.e. a kid/grandkid) in the school system. Won't weed out all the crazies, but will certainly weed out the crazies who take an interest in the school system and don't even have a kid there.
We had a guy like this run for school board - he had three kids go through the district and as soon as his last kid was out, he ran for school board claiming the schools were terrible, he was taxed too much, books with bad words and sex needed to be banned (only the ones by LGBTQ and black/brown authors), all that jazz. Super pissed about Zinn being in the curriculum even though it had been in there for 20 something years. Mad about SEL, and lied about CRT being taught. Worst of the worst - my buddy and I organized a meet and greet for two of his opponents that was aimed at men (who are normally less informed on school board stuff)-- rented out a bar, free food and drinks, March Madness on -- and we got about 50 guys to show up. Like to think that helped as the Moms for Liberty dude got his ass handed to him.

Last edited:
We had a guy like this run for school board - he had three kids go through the district and as soon as his last kid was out, he ran for school board claiming the schools were terrible, he was taxed too much, books with bad words and sex needed to be banned (only the ones by LGBTQ and black/brown authors), all that jazz. Super pissed about Zinn being in the curriculum even though it had been in there for 20 something years. Mad about SEL, and lied about CRT was being taught. Worst of the worst - my buddy and I organized a meet and greet for two of his opponents that was aimed at men (who are normally less informed on school board stuff)-- rented out a bar, free food and drinks, March Madness on -- and we got about 50 guys to show up. Like to think that helped as the Moms for Liberty dude got his ass handed to him.

Uggggh, jazz.

We had a guy like this run for school board - he had three kids go through the district and as soon as his last kid was out, he ran for school board claiming the schools were terrible, he was taxed too much, books with bad words and sex needed to be banned (only the ones by LGBTQ and black/brown authors), all that jazz. Super pissed about Zinn being in the curriculum even though it had been in there for 20 something years. Mad about SEL, and lied about CRT was being taught. Worst of the worst - my buddy and I organized a meet and greet for two of his opponents that was aimed at men (who are normally less informed on school board stuff)-- rented out a bar, free food and drinks, March Madness on -- and we got about 50 guys to show up. Like to think that helped as the Moms for Liberty dude got his ass handed to him.
Damn. That's a great idea.

This is the way

Eh, they still think that burning books and making sure one trans kid in a middle school somewhere can’t play softball are actually making the world a better place for children.

I disagree.

With the last part that is.

I think they promote burning books and making sure one trans kid in a middle school somewhere can't play softball because they believe it will help them cling onto power.

Yeah. It’s about promoting and harnessing hate because that’s what they can provide.

Call me an Old Pub if that makes you feel better. I still believe in less Federal government bureaucracy, less spending and budget control and overall interference; sound law and order and the need to be actively involved in spreading democracy around the world. But these are no longer tenets of the Pubs platform. They are now more concerned about limiting individual rights (abortion) under the veil of “states rights”, nominating and electing scrubs like Trump, Tuberville and Santos to name a few. And protecting a continued lame, paranoid viewpoint rather than embracing new realities. But the Dems who you blindly support are inept. They have failed to successfully lead, beginning with their feeble leader Biden who has no clue. And as long as you support mediocrity, the more mediocre as a Nation we become. Am I looking for someone to step up and get me back to the polls; believe again? You bet your sweet ass. But at this point I don’t care if it’s a party of Martians. It sure isn’t anyone in the current political system.
I love how the party of small government is all for having teachers check the underpants of high school kids before they run a track meet and telling parents what books their kids can read. You can tell women what to do with their bodies but when it comes to guns the government should stay out of it. Debt only matters when a Dem is in the White House, otherwise the GOP is spend spend spend.

If you were truly a small government person, you would be running as far away from this party as possibly. At this point, honestly can’t understand the appeal. Where is the small government, debt control, pick yourself up by your bootstraps GOP of the 80s or did that never actually exist?

It was, at least since the ‘60s, mostly sloganeering designed to appeal overtly and covertly to them whut was unhappy with civil rights progress and the the tides of cultural/social liberalism.

Ultimately, the gop has degraded into mostly just lying for power or dishonest power plays.

Where are those "ideals" ?? They are on the trash bin of history right where republicans left them.

Back