• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Football Scholly Tracker | In: Roberts (A&T LB), Ganious (Nova DT), Merrill (Vols WR)

It happens all the time to Bama and UGA. Good 4* kids get stuck on the bench watching 5* kids play so they leave and start for someone else.
I’ll never understand why a 4 star qb would commit to alabama when they already have three 5* on the roster but it happens every year.
FIFY

Yesterday was the deadline to enter the draft and no word from Michael Jurgens which seems to be a sign he’s sticking around for a 6th year.

ETA: Zach Tom switched from center to LT, wonder if that could be a possibility for Jurgens if he's back next year.

Last edited:
I believe tomorrow (January 18) is the last day for current rostered college players to enter the portal. Athletes already in the portal can still commit to other schools after tomorrow.

I believe tomorrow (January 18) is the last day for current rostered college players to enter the portal. Athletes already in the portal can still commit to other schools after tomorrow.

I expect the next wave of players committing to new teams will be during spring practice season. Teams may lose guys to long term injury and/or find out that some guys just didn't develop as projected. Hence, they need somebody. And by then, some of the guys in the portal may be less picky about the destination school.

Last edited:
Yep, another transfer portal period opens in April.

Yep, another transfer portal period opens in April.
After the current portal entry period ends Jan 18, the next one is May 1 - 15. Pretty much end of school year for most colleges.

It happens all the time to the SEC elite. Good 4* kids get stuck on the bench watching 5* kids play so they leave and start for someone else.
I’ll never understand why a 4 star qb would commit to alabama when they already have three 5* on the roster but it happens every year.

They all hope for the Mac Jones fairy tale

Went through the 247 portal status report of Notable Players. "Wake: out: Sam Hartman. Indicates Wake may have trouble keeping guys in NIL era."
In: nobody.

Ouch.

Went through the 247 portal status report of Notable Players. "Wake: out: Sam Hartman. Indicates Wake may have trouble keeping guys in NIL era."
In: nobody.

Ouch.
Not a fair assessment. These extra COVID years are prime for transferring. Sam was gone no matter what.

The part that stings the most is that we didn’t bring in anyone notable.
"Notable" is in the eye and evaluation of the writer, and timing of the article. I'm much more annoyed that Sam's departure is attributed to NIL. Especially, as you said,we all knew he was leaving Wake this December just past, or at the latest, May 23.

Updated with Gooden's departure, but also what looks like Ranson coming back (along with Jurgens) based on his continued presence on the roster. Still one open scholly and seems like a pretty big need at both DT and CB.

After Spring Practice, a couple of additional players may enter the portal if/when it becomes clear that PT isn't coming their way in the Fall. Understand that the staff is expecting/hoping to bring in another transfer or two when the portal reopens in the Spring.

After Spring Practice, a couple of additional players may enter the portal if/when it becomes clear that PT isn't coming their way in the Fall. Understand that the staff is expecting/hoping to bring in another transfer or two when the portal reopens in the Spring.
There will be some guys who find themselves lower on depth charts than they feel they should be. There so may be some guys at lower level schools who make a big jump and want an opportunity to play with the big kids.

Demarcus Rankin, DB from Notre Dame (College) transferring in. D2 experience two years of eligibility left.

Back