• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

Let's put that in perspective. He had one less hit than the entire Tigers line-up in their 29 plate appearances facing him.

To be fair, he wasn't batting against himself.

yes, he had the greatest day of baseball I can recall, ever, in my lifetime.

Maybe someone in the National League has thrown a CG 1-hit shutout while homering in the same game; I don't know

Maybe someone in the National League has thrown a CG 1-hit shutout while homering in the same game; I don't know
This is the closest I remember. Glavine threw 8 with 0 ER (but 1 unearned run) while also homering:

Need to look at some old Don Drysdale games for Dodgers. If I recall, he hit about .300 He was their number one pinch hitter on his non-pitching days.

Quite the pitching sell off by the White Sox - Giolito, Lynn, Kelly and now Graveman to the Astros

And the trade deadline player movement frenzy begins in earnest.

Grounds crew in Pittsburgh hit some speed bumps tonight.

The Orioles still need an arm or two upgrade. Huge win on Mo Gaba day though....

I was comparing their roster with the Mets.

The 9 highest paid guys on a combined roster wouldn't include an Oriole.

The Orioles are 14 games better.

I was comparing their roster with the Mets.

The 9 highest paid guys on a combined roster wouldn't include an Oriole.

The Orioles are 14 games better.
This year's Mets are a study in how to spend a lot of money for little success.

I kind of wish the Rangers went after JV instead of Scherzer

Seems like a headache with the no trade clause and money to sort out

I kind of wish the Rangers went after JV instead of Scherzer

Seems like a headache with the no trade clause and money to sort out
Really hoping the Rangers get the 4+ ERA/1.1+ WHIP Scherzer of this year and not the sub 3 ERA/sub 1 WHIP Scherzer of the past decade-ish.

If a Yankee did this they would make him frontrunner for the MVP award.

Back