• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

The Seattle Mariners, 5.5 games back in the AL West and 4.5 back in the wild card, are trading Paul Sewald to the Diamondbacks for Josh Rojas, Dominic Canzone, and Ryan Bliss

Guess Munoz is the new closer in Seattle.

Word is that the Dodgers really want Rodriguez (who has been nails when healthy), and the Padres are now getting involved. Not sure how advisable it is given their record and payroll, but love how the Padres aren't afraid to go all out.

So the Mets are paying Texas and Houston $54 million for Verlander and Max to not play for them. Are they the worse run team in baseball? Padres maybe? The Mets remind me of PSG in european soccer. Spend a ton of money, because the owners are billionaires, and completely shit the bed.

They're sending money to get more talented players in return. They still got a problem in that they'll need to spend lots of money replacing them if they want to have a go at second place in 2024.

They're sending money to get more talented players in return. They still got a problem in that they'll need to spend lots of money replacing them if they want to have a go at second place in 2024.

Yep. They're building their farm teams as well.

Seemed to work for other teams: See Orioles & Reds.

Mets have had a busy 45 days getting younger and better:

Mets have added eight prospects to their Pipeline Top 30 over the last month and a half. Such talent infusion typically takes far, far longer to happen. That the Mets were able to pull it off so quickly was because of owner Steve Cohen’s willingness to pay down salaries in the hunt for better prospects.

Geriatrics Scherzer and Verlander wilted under the bright lights of NYC and Citi Field.

Eduardo Rodriguez vetoed a trade to LA. He would rather stay in Detroit than go to the Dodgers... Bold strategy.

Hard to overstate how bad the Royals have fucked this up.

Said no one ever before Rodriguez.
He’s won a WS already. There is a lot to being comfortable somewhere. I’ve turned down objectively better jobs to stay somewhere that I feel comfortable.

He also has an opt out and may think it’s easier to keep his good numbers in the AL Central than NL West which makes sense going into a FA year.

Afternoon: Reacquire JV
Evening: Framber throws a 93 pitch no hitter

Gave up a lot for JV, but that’s still a pretty damn good day for the Astros.

So the Mets are paying Texas and Houston $54 million for Verlander and Max to not play for them. Are they the worse run team in baseball? Padres maybe? The Mets remind me of PSG in european soccer. Spend a ton of money, because the owners are billionaires, and completely shit the bed.
This year's Mets are a gteat example for the thought that the more money than brains club is not necessarily the way to baseball success

Back