• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

Fangraphs metrics love the Astros and hate the Orioles. Their WS Championship Odds heading into the playoffs:

NL

#1 Seed Braves: 26.8%
#2 Seed Dodgers 14%
#3 Seed Brewers 5.2%
#4 Seed Phils 5.9%
#5 Marlins 1.7%
#6 D-Backs 2.7%

AL

#1 Seed Orioles 5.2%
#2 Seed Astros 19.6%
#3 Seed Twins 2.1%
#4 Seed Rays 6.7%
#5 Seed Rangers 4.3%
#6 Seed Jays 5.7%

Somehow, the Orioles, with a WC round bye and homefield in the ALDS and ALCS, have longer WS odds than two teams (Jays and Rays) that have to win a series just to get to ALDS (the O's also took the season series against those teams); the Orioles are also three times less likely to win the AL pennant than the Astros.

Tuesday, Oct. 3
Game 1: No. 4 Rays (Glasnow) vs. No. 5 Rangers (Montgomery), 3:08 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 1: No. 3 Twins (Lopez) vs. No. 6 Blue Jays (Gausman), 4:38 p.m. ET, ESPN
Game 1: No. 3 Brewers (Burnes) vs. No. 6 Diamondbacks (Pfaadt), 7:08 p.m., ESPN2
Game 1: No. 4 Phillies (Wheeler) vs. No. 5 Marlins (Luzardo), 8:08 p.m., ESPN

Question for the Phils will be if that dumb coonass Nola can remember how to throw his slider.

I do wish it wasn't the Marlins who have been our perennial nemesis. I may have to start adjusting my attitude earlier than usual.

And, Wheeler, just throw strikes.

Rays wearing the "Devil Rays" throwbacks for a playoff game. Like it.

Turns out that Trevor Bauer guy was set up like bowling pin. Jesus, some whore just ruined his life.
"'Next victim. Star pitcher for the Dodgers,'" Bauer said in the video. "A text Lindsey Hill sent to a friend before she ever even met me. ‘What should I steal?’ she asked another, in reference to visiting my house for the first time. The answer? ‘Take his money.’ So how might that work? ‘I’m going to his house Wednesday.’ she said, ‘I already have my hooks in. you know how I roll.’ Then, after the first time we met, "Net worth is 51 mil" she said. ‘b---h, you better secure the bag’, was the response.
"But how was she going to do that? ‘Need daddy to choke me out,’ she said. ‘being an absolute whore to try to get in on his 51 million,’ read another text. Then, after the second time we met, former [San Diego] Padres pitcher Jacob Nix told her ‘you gotta get this bag.’ ‘I’ll give you 50,000’ Lindsey replied. Her AA sponsor asked her at one point, ‘do you feel a tiny bit guilty?’ ‘Not really,’ she replied."

Question for the Phils will be if that dumb coonass Nola can remember how to throw his slider.

I do wish it wasn't the Marlins who have been our perennial nemesis. I may have to start adjusting my attitude earlier than usual.

And, Wheeler, just throw strikes.
??

Fangraphs metrics love the Astros and hate the Orioles. Their WS Championship Odds heading into the playoffs:

NL

#1 Seed Braves: 26.8%
#2 Seed Dodgers 14%
#3 Seed Brewers 5.2%
#4 Seed Phils 5.9%
#5 Marlins 1.7%
#6 D-Backs 2.7%

AL

#1 Seed Orioles 5.2%
#2 Seed Astros 19.6%
#3 Seed Twins 2.1%
#4 Seed Rays 6.7%
#5 Seed Rangers 4.3%
#6 Seed Jays 5.7%

Somehow, the Orioles, with a WC round bye and homefield in the ALDS and ALCS, have longer WS odds than two teams (Jays and Rays) that have to win a series just to get to ALDS (the O's also took the season series against those teams); the Orioles are also three times less likely to win the AL pennant than the Astros.
Cmon, with baseball, the odds are always 50/50

That Bauer shit is ridiculous. That ho should go to prison.

I'm sure we will hear about how women don't lie about such things, but the more high profile the personality, the more likely that seems to be the case. Bauer is another in a long line accused of bullshit. Off the top of my head, that Arizona State kicker, Rodney Anderson at Oklahoma, Shawn Oakman at Baylor (easily overlooked since he was a bit of a dirtbag), Michael Irvin and a few teammates, hell even Big Ben the first time he was accused. Those are just the ones we know to be BS.

I suspect Mel Tucker is another one.

Rays with smallest playoff crowd (non-pandemic) since 1919.

When I was 12 we moved to south Louisiana. Prior to the move my father had me read a book combining "Evangeline" with historical data about the migration of the persecuted Acadians to Louisiana. Cajun is, of course, the abbreviation of Acadian.

When we were settled, I asked a kid if he was a Cajun. He replied, "No, I'm a coonass." That term did not have negative connotations.

I hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:
Phils take the game they could not afford to lose. And so, it begins.

Bauer's a creep. He's been accused of sexual assault (and more) by 4 different women in 3 different states. Dude gets off on choking women and S&M shit, and it appears to be with women he barely knows. MLB did its own investigation and decided on a historic suspension, which was upheld by an arbitrator (albeit with a shorter suspension but still 194 games). I know Barstool and Outkick get certain men riled up on some men's rights BS, but this dude is, at the very least, an idiot who put himself in this position because of his weird violent sexual fetishes with strange women and, at most, a serial sexual assaulter. There's a reason Bauer decided to settle instead of taking this all the way.

Hope the new stadium really works out for them

It will for a year or two. But the problem is putting the team in an indoor stadium in St. Pete instead of an indoor-outdoor stadium in Tampa.

Back