• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 MLB Thread -- World Champion Rangers - Hot Stove Warming Up - Soto to the Yanks - Ohtani's destination unknown

I'm hearing the Mariners made a late, impressive push to sign him!!!

just kidding. The Mariners are shedding payroll and not adding to it.

but he's Japanese and being private (and sneaky!)
What idiots; I’ve been rooting for Japanese ball players (Matsui, Tanaka, Irabu) since before you clowns were born. Obviously you guys don’t want to talk baseball; just hate.
Have a good day.

What idiots; I’ve been rooting for Japanese ball players (Matsui, Tanaka, Irabu) since before you clowns were born. Obviously you guys don’t want to talk baseball; just hate.
Have a good day.
oh man, I guess it doesn't feel good when somebody generalizes you based on your age and ethnicity, huh?

also, I'm 42 years old. I highly doubt you supported two of those players before I was born, a clown tho I may be.

I’m not one for consolidating so much talent into one division, but he would look good as a Blue Jay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a good day.
Combining this post, where you omit Ichiro in order to only shout out Japanese Yankees, with the fact that you waited until after it was clear Shohei would not be going to the Yankees is very funny to me.

You would have had a lot of Shohei posts to go delete if things went differently and the Yankees got lucky enough to sign him

I'm not surprised that baseball writers wish there was more leaked drama in the Ohtani sweepstakes. But do fans really want that? You want Scott Boras spreading rumors about your team, despite no involvement in negotiations, just to drive up the price paid by the Dodgers?

The way Ohtani is dealing with this decision quietly makes me like him more :love:

Have a good day.
Yankee fans are some of the most sensitive entitled whiners around

Teammates and fans adore Ohtani. He's a tough cover for the press. So, you get reports that throw shade on Ohtani and his camp. Then, fans of teams that can't sign him (e.g., Yankees) run with the negative press narrative. Think its a stretch to claim that it's racially or culturally motivated. MLB's biggest star plays by his own rules with the press because he can and that makes him the most comfortable. Good for Shohei.

Damn. Thought we had him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who could've seen that coming. It's pretty wild that the baseball media managed to manufacture their own drama at the last minute :ROFLMAO:

Congrats to Ohtani, I'm glad he stayed on the west coast.

Holy shit that's a lot of money, good for him, I'm happy to see it going to players.

Back