• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

got it; based on that it sounds like option 2 will win as you started working on this within 6 hours of being taunted. congrats to the two people who picked that in our pool

got it; based on that it sounds like option 2 will win as you started working on this within 6 hours of being taunted. congrats to the two people who picked that in our pool
In what universe is 9 AM Thursday within 6 hours of 3:15 PM Wednesday lol, I thought Wake was supposed to be a good school

WEEK 9 RECAP
Staving Off Embarrassment for One More Year

giphy.gif

Halfway through the NFL season and hitting the home stretch of the fantasy season, different things matter to different people. For some, securing important wins to inch closer to a playoff spot is more important. For others, pride and bragging rights are on the line. And for people like me, avoiding total embarrassment is paramount. Luckily, I finally achieved something this season by avoiding the total shame and misery of not only sucking ass all year but also losing to Ph. Two wins in a row is enough for me to say that my own personal pride is no longer on the line this season and that I won't consider retirement in the offseason. Let's look at what else happened in Week 9:

WEEK 9 STATS

Week 9 Scores.jpg Week 9 Stats.jpg
WEEK 9 NOTES

• Ph Lost in Week 9: Allow me to indulge myself and permit @PhDeac an absolution. This is my unspoken villain arc, you want more mentions in a recap, I will give them to you but it won't be what you're looking for. And the culmination of that villain arc occurred this past week. I shouldn't have beaten Ph, my team has been ass all year, my first two picks have underachieved and my bench hasn't exactly picked up the slack. I've been riding fucking Kenny Pickett all year who is having statistically one of the worst starting QB seasons in NFL history. And yet, a victory came my way against the one team I probably wanted it more than any other. Beating Ph to put him in a horrible playoff contention spot and hopefully be the death knell of his 2023 hopes is enough catharsis for me. Ph, I absolve you of your sin of requesting more recap mentions because of some misguided belief you deserved them, hubris hits all of us at some point. You are free, may more recap mentions come your way in the future on a meritorious basis.
  • The Details Are In the Devil: Speaking of someone who needs absolution, whatever @Satan did to piss off the fantasy gods must have been especially egregious. Something that a mere confession cannot fix, perhaps only an exorcism could. Satan had a rocky season with some pretty unlucky outcomes going into Week 9: top-4 scorer but with only a 4-4 record to show for it in a division with one of the runaway league leaders. But that pales in comparison to what took place for Satan in Week 9. A victory in Week 9 was always a longshot as Satan finally had to eat CMC's bye week, but a brutal performance across almost the entire team led to only the second sub-30 point performance on the season. Even Josh Dobbs' miraculous Minnesota debut on Satan's bench couldn't have save the team from utter disaster as the only double-digit performing player was the Chiefs' backup RB. Satan now sits outside of the playoff picture at 4-5, but if he can get back on track there are some positives to look forward to: 1) He gets to play my sorry ass in Week 10, 2) he own the points tiebreaker over every relevant wildcard team with his current points total, and 3) CMC only has one bye week and it's past him now. I'm rooting for you, Satan, it would be a crime if you don't make the playoffs. But you better start throwing hail marys and confessions everywhere you can.
  • Magnificent Mako: Let's all pour one out for the bus-driving, soccer-coaching, son-being delight that is our magnificent @mako1331. With @DeaconPeach winning and mako losing in Week 9, mako became the first team of 2023 to officially be out of contention for their division. It's been a rough ride for mako ever since his soccer gig caused autopick to give him three defenses on draft night, and is a far cry from the strong rookie season he put together in 2022. While mako is still technically in the wildcard picture, his bottom score for the season means all tiebreakers go against him and effectively eliminate him from all playoff contention. 2024 will hopefully be a bounceback for our board's sweetest summer child; best of luck in future seasons, mako.
  • On the Brink: While not able to join mako in being fully eliminated from contention, it's worth mentioning the 1% Club's other members (besides me), @Ghostsurfer and Mrs. @iodeac. We have been tracking Mrs. I/O's comeback campaign over the past few weeks, but sadly those hopes can RIP (Week 6 2023-Week 9 2023) after a loss against redwing. Ghost also joins our club after his sixth straight loss pushed him to the bottom of the Davis Division. The only saving grace for us three is that our division leaders have not gotten to 7 wins yet, keeping us all technically in contention if every possible result went our way for the rest of the season. But considering our collective luck heretofore, odds are that this isn't our year. Check back soon for our official eliminations.
  • Nice: Shoutout to @redwing42 and @JamesSokolove for their very nice scores in Week 9.
  • Never Forget: #DIGGLERSUCKS

WEEK 10 PREVIEW

Peach (8-1) vs. @deacon14 (6-3)
The first of two spicy meatball matchups in Week 10 sees Kitchin Division leader Peach take on the Davis Division leader D14. Much more is on the line for D14 who is still in a divisional battle as @Screamindemon3 hangs on tight to a one-game deficit, but Peach has a chance to all but secure a playoff spot with a win, and potentially actually secure one if some other results fall the right way. Peach has been a juggernaut since the word go, but does finally have to deal with some bye-week misfortune with both Tyreek Hill and D'Andre Swift out in Week 10. D14 has the advantage from an availability perspective but not from a consistency perspective. A fascinating matchup that could decide stress levels for both the rest of the way, best of luck to both (please fucking destroy him, Peach).

@YoungBuck95 (6-3) vs. @DeacHawk (5-4)
The other matchup with the biggest potential playoff implications finds Poteat Division contender YoungBuck fighting wildcard hopeful DeacHawk. DeacHawk was able to break his 4-game slide with a dominant performance over @Wolf1297 in Week 9, a welcome change of fortune that saw him climb back into the projected playoff picture as the 8-seed. YoungBuck has been surging recently and his current three-game winning streak sees him tied on record with Sleepy for the Poteat Division lead. However, Sleepy is nigh unstoppable right now and has built a comfortable points lead over YoungBuck, meaning the wins matter more than anything should YB want to avoid the wildcard scrum and get that auto-bid. The stakes are a little more clear for DeacHawk: every game is a must-win here on out. The wildcard picture is still incredibly jumbled for the last spot, and dragging teams like YB back into the fold to open more slots is key, while also enjoying the benefit of staving off the rest of the 5-4 and 4-5 field another week longer. YB losing Jalen Hurts to a bye week hurts (lol), and with DeacHawk not suffering much in the way of bye week unavailability, DeacHawk may have an important edge. Anything could happen though, good luck to both teams.

mako (1-8) vs. Ghost (1-8)
Not much to say on this one but wanted to point out an early contender for this year's Futility Bowl. Ghost is projected to win by nearly 50 points, but who knows with these two. Good luck, gentlemen.

That's it for Week 9, best of luck to all in Week 10!

seriously Peach beat the shit out of him, PLEASE

Wow, I have never even once talked shit to commissioner @Gooner, I can’t believe he would openly root for my team to lose.

Pretty sure that forgetting about the Thursday night game is going to kill me this week. At least they didn't throw Fields in there at the last second. Now the Panthers just need to remember that they suck.

This league really does suck trades-wise.

YoungBuck I never knew there were chat messages on the site, so BEFORE you accept my trade proposal, please respond to that chat.

I went ahead and sent the trade because IDK if the trade will even go thru before Sunday now.

And I/ODeac I sent a trade to you as well, it's a hail mary, but consider it, and counter if you want the key piece I included.

This league really does suck trades-wise.

YoungBuck I never knew there were chat messages on the site, so BEFORE you accept my trade proposal, please respond to that chat.

I went ahead and sent the trade because IDK if the trade will even go thru before Sunday now.
I mean each team only has a few players of value, so trading one position for a different one is a really difficult thing to do. You essentially have to overpay significantly in order to make it happen, it's just the way that huge leagues are going to work.

Everyone is fighting for only a few playoff spots too, so nobody is incentivized to help you make your team better unless it benefits them significantly

I mean each team only has a few players of value, so trading one position for a different one is a really difficult thing to do. You essentially have to overpay significantly in order to make it happen, it's just the way that huge leagues are going to work.

Everyone is fighting for only a few playoff spots too, so nobody is incentivized to help you make your team better unless it benefits them significantly

And there are only so many healthy consistently good QBs.

That’s the whole point of having a good second or third QB is to get value out of somebody that really needs one. And if nobody wants to pay up, then it’s my loss of holding so many

That’s the whole point of having a good second or third QB is to get value out of somebody that really needs one. And if nobody wants to pay up, then it’s my loss of holding so many
I mean in this league I just gave up a legitimately startable WR for a mediocre (at best) QB, so I completely get it.

No point in you helping someone else make the playoffs if you aren't getting someone that is a meaningful upgrade to your squad

I accepted the trade YoungBuck, I have a feeling you made it out of pity, but unfortunately it says it won't process until Next Tuesday the 14th, so it was all for naught.

Oh well, I guess the trade made will still be OK for me based on Kareem Hunt, (though watch Mattison blow up with Akers gone) but I'll be without a QB, will lose Sunday (probably would have anyway), and will be a long shot at the playoffs (YAY!)

This league is just tough when everyone is afraid to give up anyone, no matter who it is....because one game lost is a potential death knell.

IDK how to fix that, but I guess that's the "fun" of it.

I mean, my season basically ended draft day when Cooper Kupp was put on IR. It left me without my #1 pick for 4 weeks, and I was only lucky that Achane eventually blew up for a couple games to get me a couple wins, which of course he then ended up on IR.

I guess I just hope that Stafford comes back, Kupp returns to his glory days, and Achane does the same, and then I'll have a useless Will Levis who will never start over Tua (unless he gets his brain hurt again).

Maybe a potential thing to consider next year is to have waivers based on overall standings/records so the people in last place have the best shots at picking up the guys that show up on the waiver wire....maybe?

Last edited:
I accepted the trade YoungBuck, I have a feeling you made it out of pity, but unfortunately it says it won't process until Next Tuesday the 14th, so it was all for naught.

Oh well, I guess the trade made will still be OK for me based on Kareem Hunt, (though watch Mattison blow up with Akers gone) but I'll be without a QB, will lose Sunday (probably would have anyway), and will be a long shot at the playoffs (YAY!)

This league is just tough when everyone is afraid to give up anyone, no matter who it is....because one game lost is a potential death knell.

IDK how to fix that, but I guess that's the "fun" of it.

I mean, my season basically ended draft day when Cooper Kupp was put on IR. It left me without my #1 pick for 4 weeks, and I was only lucky that Achane eventually blew up for a couple games to get me a couple wins, which of course he then ended up on IR.

I guess I just hope that Stafford comes back, Kupp returns to his glory days, and Achane does the same, and then I'll have a useless Will Levis who will never start over Tua (unless he gets his brain hurt again).

Maybe a potential thing to consider next year is to have waivers based on overall standings/records so the people in last place have the best shots at picking up the guys that show up on the waiver wire....maybe?
I am fine with having the trade processed now if everybody else is too

@Gooner you're up next in the whine-off

I'm sorry....like I said before it's been a shitty week.

I'm getting pissy at everything.....must be that time of the month.

I am fine with having the trade processed now if everybody else is too

That would be great, but I'm not going to ask people to change the rules or give me any kind of special treatment. Everyone else suffers during BYE weeks, I guess I have to too.

I fully expect to push for the lowest score of the season in the league.

All but 2 of my players are projected for 6.3 points or fewer, and my opponent's entire lineup, including his D/ST is projected to score more than that.

It's going to be a shit show

EDIT: Also, what's the point of a 2 day review period for trades? Have we ever had a problem with collusion or bad trade offers or people trying to do anything but better their teams? With most of the league not checking their teams except Thursday or Sunday, no ones going to vote down a trade anyway.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I had QB's for trade. I feel bad for Swifty, but I had Mahomes (on bye) and Carr who you requested. But, at 1-7 I was a bit nervous making a trade to help one team over all the others that are in the running. Plus, I forgot that I added the Raiders QB, but you didn't request him.... I would have given him away and will to anyone wanting him. Sorry, I get the frustration!

Back