• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

The trade review duration has been what it is since before I was commissioner, happy to update that moving forward.

Nothing to whine about, I beat Ph

The result of several bad decisions I’ve made the last few weeks. This league is unforgiving.

Not placing blame on anyone, trust me! Just think it makes sense in such a big league.

Yeah the margins are tight in a 20 teamer. We all have our sob story (I wasn't pleased to lose Dobbins for the season Week 1). This league offers a unique strategy to win that includes lots of luck.

Yeah the margins are tight in a 20 teamer. We all have our sob story (I wasn't pleased to lose Dobbins for the season Week 1). This league offers a unique strategy to win that includes lots of luck.

I honestly don't think this league involves anything close to what you would call "strategy"....it's just a draft, and then holding on to every player and praying to avoid injuries. That's it.

The trade review duration has been what it is since before I was commissioner, happy to update that moving forward.

This (meaning updating next season, because any rule changes mid-season would be unfair), along with at least a discussion about changing waiver rules to reward the worst in the league would be something I'd be interested in.

As it stands now, the best teams don't make waiver moves often because they have great teams, so they gradually move up the priority list, and then when one of those players pop off and/or a huge injury puts a prominent backup into a starter role, they just pick them up, stash them on the bench behind their starters and everyone else is screwed.

Meanwhile those with shitty teams are trying to make any waiver move they can every week to try to find that ONE player that MIGHT start getting more reps or whatever, and they always get thrust back to the bottom of the priority.

It's a backwards system, and I've played in leagues that reset the waiver priority order to inverse standings every week, and I think that could be something to consider next season. It definitely fits for something like this 20-team league.

This (meaning updating next season, because any rule changes mid-season would be unfair), along with at least a discussion about changing waiver rules to reward the worst in the league would be something I'd be interested in.

As it stands now, the best teams don't make waiver moves often because they have great teams, so they gradually move up the priority list, and then when one of those players pop off and/or a huge injury puts a prominent backup into a starter role, they just pick them up, stash them on the bench behind their starters and everyone else is screwed.

Meanwhile those with shitty teams are trying to make any waiver move they can every week to try to find that ONE player that MIGHT start getting more reps or whatever, and they always get thrust back to the bottom of the priority.

It's a backwards system, and I've played in leagues that reset the waiver priority order to inverse standings every week, and I think that could be something to consider next season. It definitely fits for something like this 20-team league.
There are downsides to both because you also get situations where teams would be totally out of the running for playoffs going into the stretch run + the playoff weeks who can pick up all the only decent waiver pickups later in the season. But if this is something we want to discuss prior to next season and vote on, I'm on board.

I fully expect to push for the lowest score of the season in the league.

All but 2 of my players are projected for 6.3 points or fewer, and my opponent's entire lineup, including his D/ST is projected to score more than that.

It's going to be a shit show

EDIT: Also, what's the point of a 2 day review period for trades? Have we ever had a problem with collusion or bad trade offers or people trying to do anything but better their teams? With most of the league not checking their teams except Thursday or Sunday, no ones going to vote down a trade anyway.

Well.... I almost made it. Sorry mako, I beat your all-time low score buy 0.16 points.

My entire team combined had 26 yds rushing and 10 rec for 110 yds.

I sincerely hope Stafford gets healthy and Kupp returns to his record-breaking form and Achane comes off the BYE/IR to just blow all you chumps away with 40+ points a week.

Besides all that the accepted trades I made are gonna completely shake up my team next week and the rest of the season. Let's hope it's for the better. (Thanks to those who took pity on me with the trades, especially YoungBuck. You're a real class act my friend!)

And I'll gladly take home the "Whiny Bitch of the Year" trophy if it gets me to the playoffs.

But I haven't even checked, I'm sure the players I traded for all of the same BYE week and I'll just suffer this monstrosity again.

But for real, I wanna apologize for the bitchy attitude in regards to the lack of trades... I didn't mean to be "that guy".... Just a bunch of stuff this week led to me being angry at everyone and everything. I'll do better 👍

As for the Davis Division, I'M COMING FOR YA!!

You haven’t lost yet.

It's pretty crazy that at 7-3 I am about to have a 2 game lead on the Davis division (unless SD3 holds on to his game this week) and Peach at 8-2 is only going to have a 1 game lead in Kitchin.

Poteat is also going to be a crazy finish, with two 6-4 teams tied for the division lead

12 teams will likely be 5-5 or better after tonight.

8 teams are 6-4. 9 if Jive Turkeys wins tonight with Diggs vs. Cook + 4.36.

12 teams will likely be 5-5 or better after tonight.

8 teams are 6-4. 9 if Jive Turkeys wins tonight with Diggs vs. Cook + 4.36.
I don't deserve to win this week, but I'll take it if it happens. Didn't check on Fields before Thursday night (would have played Kyler), and didn't know the Colts played early on Sunday.

I was wondering what people were thinking we might want to do next year if we make any changes?

(1) I know this may be blashemy, but I know we used to do 2 leagues, so maybe not.

Does everyone actually love the 20-team league with all of the headaches it brings? I know it's a novelty and everyone has other real leagues that are the regular 10/12/14 team leagues that they play in that are a little more normal, so they like the different aspect of this league, but is it really worth all the frustration? (Besides the Gooner "Dead Fucking Last" watch).

IDK if anyone would really wanna do this, and I know it comes off as more shitty Pickle Posts whining about losing all the time....but would anyone be interested in splitting into two 10/12 team leagues?

I think if we tried we could get to 24 teams and put up League One/League Two, with both having 12 teams (or just splitting this one into two 10-teamers.)

I would volunteer to move down a league, and maybe others would as well.....it would make it a little more fun, IMHO, without the strain of one injury ruining your season or whatever...and we'd have a more normal waiver wire. Plus the added fun of Promotion/Relegation. But that's just partly my addiction to that type of sports model, which I think should be in everything and give all sports a more balanced system.

For example, if Wake moved down to a Tier 2 league (to match our USN&WR ranking) in football, we could potentially win some conference championships and move up to a higher league (EDIT: And a trophy or two while we're at it?]....that way the big boys could do their eventual four 16/18/20 team football leagues and teams like Wake Forest, or Kansas State, TCU, Arizona, Liberty...sort of the lower level Bigger conference teams and higher up G5 teams could compete for a place in the big leagues to try and show their worth. IDK how that would really work though, it's more of a hypothetical than a realistic concept because it would just create teams like Wake moving up and down between conferences any time we do well. But then you gotta figure out TV deals and money and all that, so it's probably just a pipe dream.

But back to my original point. I think it would be an interesting idea, and would of course be something we'd have to agree on....and probably would have to wait until after next season, so everyone knows going in that their spot in the League One would be up for grabs if they lose.

Anyway, just a thought....I'm sure this will get no support, and I admit, I've always liked the 20-team league....but it feels like all I ever do is lose (and almost always because of injuries and lack of replacements on the waiver wire) and the same people win every year...so it gets a little stagnant. Still fun though!

(2) Or maybe we could do a keeper league next season to add a bit of something different. And that way when you luck into drafting a rookie that blows up (cough Devon Achane cough) who gets injured one season, you can keep him the next season and forfeit a pick.

(3) One thing that I've seen done in some leagues that could really balance out our league is if you reverse the draft order of Round 3. So it would still snake, but it would go 1-->20, 20-->1, 20-->1, 1-->20, 20-->1 and so on. The Snake Draft order just reverses at the end of round 2.

That way the person with the #1 pick doesn't end up getting 3 of the top 41 players while Pick #20 gets 3 of the top 60 players.

You reverse starting with Round 3 and Team 1 in a 20-team draft gets Picks #1, #40, #60, #61, and #100 (etc) and Team 20 gets Picks #20, #21, #41, #80, and #81 (etc).

The current way, the average pick # for the first 5 picks is 48.6 for #1 and 52.4 for #20.......Reversing Round 3 (3RR) switches that to an average pick number of 52.4 for #1 and 48.6 for #20 (thru the first 5 picks as an example.)

So #1 get the advantage of the #1 OVR pick, the disadvantage of having to wait 39 picks to pick again, and the disadvantage of waiting 20 more picks to pick again.....

While the #20 pick gets the disadvantage of picking 20th, the advantage of picking 21st, and the advantage of picking 41st.

Then everyone goes back to picking normally with #1/#20 getting back to back picks and those in the middle getting about the same time between each pick.

I've heard it's much more fun that way and people don't feel as bad about getting a later pick...and that's in regular 10/12/14 team leagues....a 20-team league it seems like it'd only be better!

Just some thoughts....

(Man...I type out some long damn posts sometimes).

Last edited:
Also.. don't think there is anything stopping someone from starting up another league in whatever format they desire. Gooner started a dynasty league this year and it's super fun even with all the rules slanted in his favor.

Back