• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Pit Fantasy Football League - THE PLAYOFFS ARE SET

Pickle with big "I just moved to the neighborhood and now I'm taking over the HOA" vibes here.

The 20 has to stay. For a while we were running a second league of 10 or 12 that was used for relegation/promotion. That was great, but interest dropped off. If enough teams were interested, we should bring it back, but not at the expense of numbers in the main league.

A discussion about the waiver order is certainly called for, if only to confirm people's preferences. I think the draft is probably ok, but also worth discussing.

You can mitigate much of the bad luck with good decisions. I had some of the worst luck in the league losing Aaron Rodgers within minutes. But I also passed on Josh Dobbs as a backup in the last round. If I had drafted him, I wouldn’t have had to use my high waiver position on Zach Wilson just to have any QB.

I lost to Goon last week because I drafted two flex WRs with the same bye week, cut Taysom Hill instead of waiting for him to get fluky fantasy points, and picked up Quentin Johnston over Noah Brown as a late week FA.

The rest is just the usual variance in sports which is what we love/hate.

Ahhh....it's just that I'm shitty at fantasy football and don't know what I'm doing. Gotcha...go figure.

Keep as 20 teams
No keepers
Keep draft the same format. if anything change how draft order is decided from year to year but I like the randomness and trying to build a team from different spots each year.

IDK if we're talking about the same thing, but I wasn't referencing keeping specific draft orders year to year.....just that we do the random draft order like usual, but the pick order is reversed from then on. It's just something I've seen done, and especially with the hardcore fantasy-site writers and mock drafters and stuff...they seem to love it.

It's just a thought.

Pickle with big "I just moved to the neighborhood and now I'm taking over the HOA" vibes here.

The 20 has to stay. For a while we were running a second league of 10 or 12 that was used for relegation/promotion. That was great, but interest dropped off. If enough teams were interested, we should bring it back, but not at the expense of numbers in the main league.

A discussion about the waiver order is certainly called for, if only to confirm people's preferences. I think the draft is probably ok, but also worth discussing.

I'm just trying to throw out some new ideas. Leagues sometime need to freshen up with new ideas and try new things.

I'm completely fine with everything staying the exact same.

No worries :cool:

Is there a reason the trade between pickle & me has yet to process while the trade between pickle & ghost has processed?
Were there any overlapping players in the trade?
No. even if there were, wouldn’t mine process first since it was accepted first?
I'm not sure what happened there, I don't see anything in the transaction history for you guys that would have prevented it. If you and @OblongPickle want to put it back in, I'll auto-process it immediately.
I’ll let @OblongPickle weigh in here

I think it had to do with roster limitations and I had Tua and Tannehill on my team and then added Garoppolo, so I was at the max of 3 QBs, and in order to make one or both of the trades I had to drop Tannehill....so it was going to do a 2 for 2 trade, but that would give me too many QBs, so as part of the move I had to drop a QB, and I think I chose the same QB to drop in both trades so it probably gave an error when it tried to process the second one because I didn't have that player any more.

It's fine and would be much appreciated if we went ahead and processed it now.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion!

I think you guys will have to resubmit, when you do I'll process it manually

@YoungBuck95 @OblongPickle

YB sent and I accepted...the same notice populated that said I had to drop a QB because I was taking in two position players for a 4th QB, but I dropped the player as part of the acceptance, so hopefully you can push it through immediately.

If not, I'll go back and drop him first and resubmit for like the 16th time lol

Redwing summarized my thoughts exactly! I like hearing new ideas, but I am a No on all 3. However, the waiver process or a FAAB might be something to consider. I love the highs and lows that only this league can bring! Plus, Gooner would just "mail" in his weekly rap recap if we went to a 10 teamer. : )

@iodeac, can you ask the Mrs. to respond to my trade offer?

This is not Pit league related (obviously, as I'm not in it) but I am coming to you wise folks (and Gooner ;) ) to ask about a wild 3-team trade just proposed in my league and I'm trying to figure out if my team makes out well or not as it involves so many players. The teams involved are currently 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in the standings - 10 team league. 6 teams make playoffs with top-2 getting byes to the semi-finals.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 1 'super flex' (Q, R, W, T) starts. Fairly standard scoring. 1/2 PPR. 4 pts passing TD. No big play bonuses.

To the trade!

Team A current roster: QB: Herbert, Wilson, Minshew; RB: Ekeler, Bijan Robinson, Raschaad White; WR: DeV Smith, DJ Moore, Deebo, Diontae Johnson, J. Addison, G. Davis; TE: TJ Hockenson

Team B current roster: QB: Stroud, Goff, Love; RB: Etienne, Achane, Singletary, Mattison; WR: Chase, Lamb, Aiyuk, Pittman; TE: Andrews

Team C current roster: QB: Hurts, Mayfield, Heinicke; RB: Pollard, Gibbs, Mostert, J. Warren; WR: ARSB, Z. Flowers, T Higgins, C. Watson, Downs; TE: LaPorta

Trade is...

Team A gives Herbert, Robinson, Hockensen to Team B and Deebo to Team C
Team B gives Aiyuk and Mattison to Team A and Stroud, Chase, and Andrews to Team C
Team C gives Hurts and LaPorta to Team A and ARSB and Higgins to Team B

If accepted...

Team A roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Hurts (Herbert), Mattison (Bijan), Aiyuk (Deebo), LaPorta (Hockensen)

Team B roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Herbert (Stroud), Bijan (Mattison), ARSB (Chase), Higgins (Aiyuk), Hockensen (Andrews)

Team C roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Stroud (Hurts), Chase (ARSB), Deebo (Higgins), Andrews (LaPorta)

Is there a clear winner here? A clear loser? Do all teams improve a little? Does this even make sense and move the needle at all?

My head is spinning, so any advice, even from Gooner! kisses, would be appreciated!

This is not Pit league related (obviously, as I'm not in it) but I am coming to you wise folks (and Gooner ;) ) to ask about a wild 3-team trade just proposed in my league and I'm trying to figure out if my team makes out well or not as it involves so many players. The teams involved are currently 2nd, 3rd, and 5th in the standings - 10 team league. 6 teams make playoffs with top-2 getting byes to the semi-finals.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (R/W/T), 1 'super flex' (Q, R, W, T) starts. Fairly standard scoring. 1/2 PPR. 4 pts passing TD. No big play bonuses.

To the trade!

Team A current roster: QB: Herbert, Wilson, Minshew; RB: Ekeler, Bijan Robinson, Raschaad White; WR: DeV Smith, DJ Moore, Deebo, Diontae Johnson, J. Addison, G. Davis; TE: TJ Hockenson

Team B current roster: QB: Stroud, Goff, Love; RB: Etienne, Achane, Singletary, Mattison; WR: Chase, Lamb, Aiyuk, Pittman; TE: Andrews

Team C current roster: QB: Hurts, Mayfield, Heinicke; RB: Pollard, Gibbs, Mostert, J. Warren; WR: ARSB, Z. Flowers, T Higgins, C. Watson, Downs; TE: LaPorta

Trade is...

Team A gives Herbert, Robinson, Hockensen to Team B and Deebo to Team C
Team B gives Aiyuk and Mattison to Team A and Stroud, Chase, and Andrews to Team C
Team C gives Hurts and LaPorta to Team A and ARSB and Higgins to Team B

If accepted...

Team A roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Hurts (Herbert), Mattison (Bijan), Aiyuk (Deebo), LaPorta (Hockensen)

Team B roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Herbert (Stroud), Bijan (Mattison), ARSB (Chase), Higgins (Aiyuk), Hockensen (Andrews)

Team C roster changes with player replaced in parantheses: Stroud (Hurts), Chase (ARSB), Deebo (Higgins), Andrews (LaPorta)

Is there a clear winner here? A clear loser? Do all teams improve a little? Does this even make sense and move the needle at all?

My head is spinning, so any advice, even from Gooner! kisses, would be appreciated!
I’m confused what the purpose of this trade is from basically all three teams’ perspectives.

I think Team C loses though

Cheers, Ph. I couldn't find that so figured it didn't exist.
My B

Probably going to be a short recap today because I am going to do a large Thanksgiving themed one next week. So eat shit, @DeacDiggler, this is calculated recapping. You wouldn't know anything about it.

Back