• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Wake Football Spring Game Thread (2 PM Saturday on ACCNX)

Only thing I noticed on tv is that when Frogge went down hurt, one guy pronounced it Frog and I think it’s Froog.

Cam’s write up mentioned Grimes looking good. Can’t wait to see what he looks like this year. One of the best pure talent guys we’ve ever recruited. WR room obviously ridiculous loaded for yet another season.

Cam’s write up mentioned Grimes looking good. Can’t wait to see what he looks like this year. One of the best pure talent guys we’ve ever recruited. WR room obviously ridiculous loaded for yet another season.
I'm interested in Micah Mays too. He is a big speedster as well. Just keep reloading in the WR room.

I thought Grimes looked like he could be the best WR this year and Donovan looked dominant as well. Honestly thought Kern looked just as good as griffis so hopefully they make the QB mobile again like we were doing with Wolford.

I thought Grimes looked like he could be the best WR this year and Donovan looked dominant as well. Honestly thought Kern looked just as good as griffis so hopefully they make the QB mobile again like we were doing with Wolford.

Don’t forget Banks. So who is the fourth? Does Fields come back healthy? Is it the Tennessee guy? A surprise guy like Christian Greene or Kelly?

I think the starting 4 are Keshawn in slot with Taylor, Donovan, and banks and then Grimes, Horatio, the UT transfer along with either Deuce or AK as next four???

It’s the starting 3. Two outside, one slot. I was asking who the 4th outside WR will be along with Greene, Banks, and Grimes. There are plenty of options and that assumes the 4* freshman redshirt.

Morin and Williams are the two slots but both could leave after this season. Merrill and Deuce would be in line for those spots. I remember people saying Merrill could play either when he committed.

Last edited:
We had several blown plays on defense. I get that spring practice is not always a great predictor for a variety of reasons. But.... still.... woof.

May have been mentioned earlier, but how was the crowd, tailgate scene, etc. Haven't been to a spring game in a number of years, so wondering if it has become a "thing" yet to perhaps put on the spring travel calendar.

May have been mentioned earlier, but how was the crowd, tailgate scene, etc. Haven't been to a spring game in a number of years, so wondering if it has become a "thing" yet to perhaps put on the spring travel calendar.
This was my first spring game since 2019. We didn't arrive until half hour before kickoff. Only saw a couple of groups tailgating. The crowd was decent. Had bouncy house and slide and face painting for kids on the top of Deacon Hill. New field looks great! The old one was looking tired and worn out. Overall it was a fun experience. It will take some adjusting to get used to not having Jeff Griffin as the PA announcer. Don't understand why they made everyone sit on the East Side.

This was my first spring game since 2019. We didn't arrive until half hour before kickoff. Only saw a couple of groups tailgating. The crowd was decent. Had bouncy house and slide and face painting for kids on the top of Deacon Hill. New field looks great! The old one was looking tired and worn out. Overall it was a fun experience. It will take some adjusting to get used to not having Jeff Griffin as the PA announcer. Don't understand why they made everyone sit on the East Side.
Because the main cameras are in McCreary Tower, so that side is the one shown on TV (or stream), and ACCN/WF want as many fans as possible to be shown.

Had a good crowd turnout. Not too many tailgating.

First half with 15 min quarters and time outs took fully 1 1/2 hrs. 2nd half with 10 min rolling time 3rd and 4th quarters was over in a flash. Field looks good.

Bought a new t shirt and hat and sitting on the sunny side of the stands came home with a nice tan. :)

So I guess TE Trey Boll is now LB Trey Boll according to Blogger So Dear.

They must be feeling good about the TE position. It’s a lot of dudes but no proven players.

Back