• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Wake Football Spring Game Thread (2 PM Saturday on ACCNX)

Gotta like Harry Lodge who is 6-6 who seems to move pretty well

Gotta like Harry Lodge who is 6-6 who seems to move pretty well
He's the one who caught the long TD pass, right? He looked huge, and ran well for his size, regardless of the blown coverage. I think we have another big TE recruit coming in next year, thats 6'6 or 6'7.

It’s the starting 3. Two outside, one slot. I was asking who the 4th outside WR will be along with Greene, Banks, and Grimes. There are plenty of options and that assumes the 4* freshman redshirt.

Morin and Williams are the two slots but both could leave after this season. Merrill and Deuce would be in line for those spots. I remember people saying Merrill could play either when he committed.
I know it's a spring game but I think Grimes will work into the #1 role by September. He looks incredibly talented. Said it many times but the WR room is ridiculous. Have to let them win games for us.

Certainly possible. There may not be much difference between Greene, Banks, and Grimes. From what Clawson said on the coaches show, I think he'd prefer to have four outside WRs split time 60/40 or 50/50.

Because the main cameras are in McCreary Tower, so that side is the one shown on TV (or stream), and ACCN/WF want as many fans as possible to be shown.
Really wish the cameras were on the East side, so that all the TV shots show the tower side of the stadium, which 1) just looks better in general and 2) generally has more fans. I understand that may require flipping the orientation of the logo on the field, etc - but would look so much better on TV.

I'd be really surprised if the two outside starters aren't Banks and Greene -- not just because they are super talented, but because Clawson has always been a coach to value seniority and consistency.

From reading all of Les' practice reports, I'd expect the next two on the outside are Grimes and Merrill. Not sure of the order, but Merrill has really popped and will have a big role. It wouldn't surprise me for Fields to be in the mix, but he needs to get healthy. Kelly jumped out in the Spring Game, but so did Jackson Henley last year. PWO, might earn some time, but its a crowded room.

Crazy that we can get a 6-4 WR as a PWO.

Really wish the cameras were on the East side, so that all the TV shots show the tower side of the stadium, which 1) just looks better in general and 2) generally has more fans. I understand that may require flipping the orientation of the logo on the field, etc - but would look so much better on TV.
From I remember @tvcigar saying a while back, the sun would mess with the camera equipment if filmed from the other side.

Is filmed still the correct verbiage to use? I thought about saying taped, but then caught myself.

Filmed, taped, videoed. All work the same. All photographers would prefer not to shoot INTO the sun light. As such, the set camera positions are placed on the west side of the field.

I'm not shooting WFU events any more, but I've been told with the new WFU football bench rules, most photographers are now shooting from the away (east) side of Groves Stadium.

That is an awesome explanation of, not only the slow mesh rpo, but also how Clawson and Ruggiero got to this point. Anybody who has problems with the slow mesh should try watching this video with an open mind. Actually, anybody with an interest in why the WFU offense does the things that they do should watch this video.

Remember when we used to be good enough to beat Duke ?

Back