• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

i could see hartle sat if its winner's bracket vs LIU.

Some pretty substantial rumors from State reporters that Tommy Tanks is transferring. Love it.

At one point Walter said he was leaning McGraw for game 1. I actually liked that idea. I would think McGraw would go game 2.

Some pretty substantial rumors from State reporters that Tommy Tanks is transferring. Love it.

Apparently a lot of drama caused by his parents and their desire for him to play 3rd, which he didn’t much because of lack of speed. So now he’ll probably leave for FSU or LSU.

Apparently a lot of drama caused by his parents and their desire for him to play 3rd, which he didn’t much because of lack of speed. So now he’ll probably leave for FSU or LSU.

And then not play 3rd.

what happens if we win our regional and stanford gets upset in terms of hosting?

I don't think this question was answered fully. If Wake wins and Stanford loses then the NCAA determines who hosts the next round. Usually they choose based on merit but sometimes it has to do with the stadium or scheduling conflicts. Like Arizona didn't host a regional for 20 years from the 90's till 2012 even when they were a #1 seed since they played in a tiny on-campus stadium with very little parking. In 2015, Missouri State didn't end up hosting their Super Regional even though they were a #1 seed since they shared a stadium with a minor league baseball team and they had a series that weekend. Wake has a big enough stadium and they have a higher RPI than Texas State so the NCAA will probably choose Wake to host Supers as long as there is not a scheduling conflict.

Last edited:
NC State is the most tortured fanbase in the country. They have to be.

Well, they did get Smith back in hoops.... curious since he was a projected first round NBA pick.

NIL at work....

Having seen him in person, I was very confused about Smith being a projected first rounder. The NIL funds might have helped, but that guy was all-in on NC State from the beginning. I think it's possible for a 19 year old to want to be a college kid for another year.

When a player pulls out of the draft, their draft prospects always inflate.

There were as many draft projections that didn't have Terquavion drafted at all as there were that had him as a 1st round pick. Smith was far from a lock first round pick, but now, the narrative is that he turned down going in the 1st round to head back to Raleigh. Expect to hear it on every NC State broadcast this year. .

Last edited:
State fan said once, Wake Forest is our kryptonite. It's really amazing the ruin we have put on them, especially starting with Rivers at Groves.

State fan said once, Wake Forest is our kryptonite. It's really amazing the ruin we have put on them, especially starting with Rivers at Groves.

Living in Raleigh and being out and about with my Wake cap on always garners memorable reactions. State fans don't hate Wake, they just sorta have accepted they can't beat Wake on a consistent basis in several sports.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard, "We'd rather lose to y'all than Carolina..."...I'd have a lotta nickels.

WF is the favorite to win the regional.

WF +110
MD +140
UCONN +450
Long Island +8000

Deacs with Lowder are favored tomorrow:

WF -225
UCONN +175

MD -745
LIU +450

WF is 25 to 1 on FanDuel and 40 to 1 on DraftKings to win the Natty.

If WF were to win the College Park regional, they play the winner of the Stanford regional. If WF played at Stanford in the Super Regional, WF would be a big dog. If any other team won the Stanford regional, WF would host the Super Regional.

TN is the prohibitive favorite to win it all @ +250

Last edited:
Back