• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Lowder McGraw. If LIU upset Maryland and we beat UConn, then I could see the argument for going with Hartle game 2.

The more I read the more I believe the committee did a terrible job. ACC not having someone on committee really hurt them. Notre Dame should be hosting, and NC State should be in over Ole Miss. Wofford should be in over Dallas Baptist. Committee really wanted ACC not to be seen as better than SEC, so each got same amount of hosts and births.

UConn will almost certainly pitch senior Austin Peterson, 6-6 RHP who had 129 K's in 100 IP this year. He was first-team all-Big East. From Indiana, started college career at Purdue, transferred to JuCo, two years at UConn. Second team all-BE last year, pitched in NCAA regional vs. Michigan, giving up 2 hits and 1 run in 5.2 innings.

The more I read the more I believe the committee did a terrible job. ACC not having someone on committee really hurt them. Notre Dame should be hosting, and NC State should be in over Ole Miss. Wofford should be in over Dallas Baptist. Committee really wanted ACC not to be seen as better than SEC, so each got same amount of hosts and births.

State can’t get swept at home by Wake to close season, that killed them. I live in Spartanburg where Wofford is and they are wussy central. Can’t get swept at a field 30 miles from campus vs UNCG which is 3 hours to east

anyone going to the games? def gonna head up for the weekend from dc, on the fence for friday given the early start time.

Maryland didn’t play a single ACC team in non conference? Their doing or the ACC freezing them out. If their decision, wow, weak sauce.

I think we should start Lowder vs UConn. Looking at their record and W/Ls, it looks like a tough game.

Is this the first WF team to play at MD, since they left the ACC? The only other candidate might be the Men’s or Women’s soccer team.

Will likely go to the UCONN game on Friday

Is this the first WF team to play at MD, since they left the ACC? The only other candidate might be the Men’s or Women’s soccer team.

Will likely go to the UCONN game on Friday

We’ve probably played in Field Hockey.

Maryland didn’t play a single ACC team in non conference? Their doing or the ACC freezing them out. If their decision, wow, weak sauce.

So what? MD a Big Ten team and plays their own schedule now. Won a record 45 games. Whatever they did, good for them. No longer in ACC

Did you even read or listen to Buddie’s rational for State being left out vs Ole Miss. made perfect sense when having to pick nits over final team left out or brought in as #64. Somebody is always going to be last team left out. They lost to us last week & got swept. Fuck them. Got beat when it counted. Reminds me of bball with us @ Clemson or vs BC in ACCT. Games that count, all of them, show up. State’s body of work left them outside looking in. Decisions have to be made & ACC got 9 in!

It was a terrible decision and his reasoning didn't make much sense comparing state and oke miss resumes.

Get the humans out of it and go by the RPI. NC State at 33 got screwed. No way around it.

Buddie talked about how state had mostly wins against non-tourney teams from the ACC. Ole Miss was 7-8 in series against SEC teams that didn't make the tournament. No way would an ACC team with a losing conference resume and that stat make the tournament.

State got hosed. Add in how State was on the verge of winning in Omaha last year when covid knocked them out, and as much fun as it is to mock State, the Pack has been boned two years in a row. Also, it's more than a coincidence that the ACC had no one on the selection committee while the SEC did, and it's easy to make the argument that the decision was political.

Did you even read or listen to Buddie’s rational for State being left out vs Ole Miss. made perfect sense when having to pick nits over final team left out or brought in as #64. Somebody is always going to be last team left out. They lost to us last week & got swept. Fuck them. Got beat when it counted. Reminds me of bball with us @ Clemson or vs BC in ACCT. Games that count, all of them, show up. State’s body of work left them outside looking in. Decisions have to be made & ACC got 9 in!

The bottom line was they couldn't take 10 from ACC and only 8 from SEC. Entire SEC would be outside the NCAA offices with torches and pitchforks!

I don't care why State was left out or whether or not they deserved a bid. But I do think that shit is hilarious!

Back