• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

5-2 final. Minacci with 3 up 3 down in 9th to close it out. He’s gotta be considered our closer at this point, right?

Really would be nice to sweep Duke to make up for some of the unfortunate losses. But like BC, Duke can play well enough to win. If we're in another low scoring game, bad pitching (multiple Ws, HBP, WP, or PB) and errors could be the difference in a W or L.

While this is generally true, I think it more important in ACC games. We have an O that can overcome such mistakes, but not as often in ACC competition. We need almost perfect games vs the upper teams but even against the bottom teams, too many will bite us.

Last edited:
Will Hartle go today? Would love to see him pitch effectively against ACC competition. Keener threw 4 at Elon so I doubt he goes. Almost halfway through league play and the Atlantic looks like it is going to be pretty jumbled up. I’m not sold on Louisville yet, ND is experienced and looks to have really good pitching. Need to win series against Duke and Clemson, a sweep or 2 would go a long way to securing postseason.

5-2 final. Minacci with 3 up 3 down in 9th to close it out. He’s gotta be considered our closer at this point, right?

technically yes but it doesn’t seem like we are embracing traditional bullpen roles this year (which i love)

Will Hartle go today? Would love to see him pitch effectively against ACC competition. Keener threw 4 at Elon so I doubt he goes. Almost halfway through league play and the Atlantic looks like it is going to be pretty jumbled up. I’m not sold on Louisville yet, ND is experienced and looks to have really good pitching. Need to win series against Duke and Clemson, a sweep or 2 would go a long way to securing postseason.

Not sure if this is the latest, but on last night’s broadcast, they showed Hartle as today’s starter.

Not sure if this is the latest, but on last night’s broadcast, they showed Hartle as today’s starter.

Hopefully so as would be great to get a good game under his belt and build his confidence. Going against the lowest avg and rbi team is great place to start!

wonder why kyle joye is having such a tough time getting on the field. maybe he’s a bad defender

Red Ruddy Reinisch delivers 3-2 double for tying RBI in the 3rd!

for such a good hitting team, we do strike out alot.

A good sign. He's not given up anymore now after 5.

5-3 Deacs

Kurtz is such a good defensive first baseman.

seem like the ump has been giving duke pitchers the borderline pitches that they haven't given Hartle.

Back