• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Soccer Thread - NCAA Tourney 2nd Round - Hoosiers Visit Spry 5 pm Sunday ESPN+

Delivering an absolute ass whooping,on the road, to a top 10 side. This is excellent.

6-1. So close to a shutout. Hoping we can keep this trend and score another 6 against Duke next weekend!

I said we'd find out pretty quickly, and... uh... turns out we may just be awesome? Holy smokes that was fun.

They looked lackluster when I watched a few weeks ago. Then looked fantastic against George Mason. Nice to see they kept up the momentum tonight.

So, for those of you that didn't watch, the ESPN streaming service will have a replay for the next week (and you should watch). In addition to the 6 goals, we:

• hit the crossbar once
  • fluffed at least one 1v1
  • had a fairly clear-cut penalty denied

Clemson probably should've scored in the first 89 minutes (Trace Alphin had the best game I can recall seeing a Wake GK play), but they only got a goal on a (deserved) penalty with 30 seconds left, well after this was long put to bed.

This was a very, very fun game.

Really curious to see what happens with actually playing against Duke this weekend. Obviously with a fantastic field and facilities, it could be good to go, but a sloppy game favors Duke.

Coastal is currently 0-0 with #3 Marshall. Our resume is building.

I still think the Clemson match was a bit misleading with their players out, but damn, they couldn’t have stopped us regardless.

Really curious to see what happens with actually playing against Duke this weekend. Obviously with a fantastic field and facilities, it could be good to go, but a sloppy game favors Duke.

Coastal is currently 0-0 with #3 Marshall. Our resume is building.

I still think the Clemson match was a bit misleading with their players out, but damn, they couldn’t have stopped us regardless.

Counterpoint: we've had maybe a combined 40 minutes this season from our only preseason all-ACC player (Omar), we've played one of our most electric attacking talents minimally for fear of injury recurrence (Babacar), and our best playmaker from last year is going to miss the entire season (Jake).

You play with who you have, and it's on the coach to put the replacement players in good positions to succeed. Bobby has done that remarkably well this year; Noonan hasn't been able to do so the past few weeks.

0-0 end of the first half but we are keeping the pressure on Duke

Duke took the lead 1-0 with a very nice header off a free kick.

Wake PK coming up.

Niang got it. 1-1.

I don't watch much soccer, but Wake just gave up one of the dumbest goals I've ever seen.

Sweet header called back due to offsides. Still down 2-1.

Last edited:
Refs fucking us, that last offside was bullshit, we’ve been the victims of like 3
No calls in the box.

Yeah. They aren't going to have a good replay angle, but that offsides looked questionable at best.

Fuck. Duke has just been better than us this half. We dominated possession and shots the first 40 minutes then they adjusted and it’s been a different game. Is Kojima still out?

#1 Wake lost to #4 Duke 3-2. Deacs got outplayed but it still would have been a draw if not for giving up that major brainfart goal.

Back