• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

sure but who is taking a job because of what nolan richardson did 30 years ago?

does arkansas have the higher profile and more money now?

they may, it's just not obvious to me that that is the case

Arkansas went to the Elite 8 2 years in a row ('21 & '22), the Sweet 16 ('23), then had a terrible season this year. But it has been a much better program than Ole Miss for a long time.

Ole Miss is pretty meh, aside from having Beard as the current coach.

but do they have more money$$$$??
Hard to say with basketball specifically, but Arkansas definitely has a better financial position. They operated at a $1M surplus in FY23 and ole miss had an $8M loss. arkansas also spends about $12M more a year than ole miss, and this is after ole miss bumped up their spending by $50M the last couple years.

Arkansas has a far bigger following for basketball than Mississippi. Would assume that means more NIL resources.

Chris Beard will have coached 4 different power conference programs in 5 years. Would think that would be a record:

Texas Tech 2021
Texas 2022 and 2023
Ole Miss 2024
Arkansas 2025

Cal is not going anywhere, to the fan base displeasure. I think he has already confirmed back next year at Kentucky

Cal is not going anywhere, to the fan base displeasure. I think he has already confirmed back next year at Kentucky

No, Kentucky announced they aren’t firing him. He could certainly leave on his own and make all parties happy. We’ll see if this is the same as the Grobe to Arkansas night, but it’s all over the local media tonight.

I would assume uk would be amenable to negotiating down the buyout, right?

So who will Kentucky hire?

Back