• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Pat Kelsey was the cog that made Wake Forest run during the Prosser era leading us to 5 NCAAs. It was obvious to anyone attending games. Many argued just that here.

Then we passed on him and hired Gaudio. Then we passed on him and hired Buzz. Then we passed on him and hired Manning. Then we passed on him and hired Forbes.

Now he will qualify for his 5th NCAA tournament as a head coach.

Is this our last cycle to hire him or have we pissed him off too much?

I would think he would go to Xavier if that job opens since he has more affection for that place than ours. But this may well be Xavier’s last shot as well. I would imagine he will get some good P5 offers this cycle.
I wasn’t aware we were looking for a coach.

Pat Kelsey was the cog that made Wake Forest run during the Prosser era leading us to 5 NCAAs. It was obvious to anyone attending games. Many argued just that here.

Then we passed on him and hired Gaudio. Then we passed on him and hired Buzz. Then we passed on him and hired Manning. Then we passed on him and hired Forbes.

Now he will qualify for his 5th NCAA tournament as a head coach.

Is this our last cycle to hire him or have we pissed him off too much?

I would think he would go to Xavier if that job opens since he has more affection for that place than ours. But this may well be Xavier’s last shot as well. I would imagine he will get some good P5 offers this cycle.

Thought it was Wes Miller that we missed out on??

Guess we feel very strongly both ways.

Now they should go to Manning as a stepping stone. No need to spend big until we see how FSU lawsuit goes.

With Wake’s fans all in Washington, it was disappointing not to see anyone else supporting Pat Kelsey last night just a couple miles from the ACC tournament.

Pat gave his all for Wake Forest every second of the Prosser era. (an era the Revisionists now refer to as the “Golden Era”)

I loved Skip Prosser. Even though he didn’t win, he was worthy of our support—not just in death. Yet we do not support his guys—our guys. And, the same folks who now think Prosser had success, argued to pass over any of Prossers assistants because we “need a clean break.”

Pat doesn’t need our help. He’s now qualified for his 5th NCAA tournament as a head coach—matching what he did for Wake. He will have a much bigger job soon. Just disappointing Wake alums are quick to show up for a funeral but then disappear.

With Wake’s fans all in Washington, it was disappointing not to see anyone else supporting Pat Kelsey last night just a couple miles from the ACC tournament.

Pat gave his all for Wake Forest every second of the Prosser era. (an era the Revisionists now refer to as the “Golden Era”)

I loved Skip Prosser. Even though he didn’t win, he was worthy of our support—not just in death. Yet we do not support his guys—our guys. And, the same folks who now think Prosser had success, argued to pass over any of Prossers assistants because we “need a clean break.”

Pat doesn’t need our help. He’s now qualified for his 5th NCAA tournament as a head coach—matching what he did for Wake. He will have a much bigger job soon. Just disappointing Wake alums are quick to show up for a funeral but then disappear.
I was supporting Wes Miller instead. Where were you when the bearcats needed you?!?

Wes has done quite well for himself as well. A lot of future talent around Wake 20 years ago. We missed.

Kelsey and Miller are long gone. Who are the next set of 25-30 year old Coaches we should be eyeing?

It was so obvious to those folks that knew these two at Wake that they would be winners. I’m curious what other young alums have identified in their peer group as a certain winner.

Wes has done quite well for himself as well. A lot of future talent around Wake 20 years ago. We missed.

Kelsey and Miller are long gone. Who are the next set of 25-30 year old Coaches we should be eyeing?

It was so obvious to those folks that knew these two at Wake that they would be winners. I’m curious what other young alums have identified in their peer group as a certain winner.

THE BEACONS WERE LIT! Cincinnati called for aide!

You must have missed my post just above where you specifically told me we needed to get away from the whole Prosser tree.

Also, I was at the Prosser funeral. Didn't see you there.

Our guys? The dudes were assistant coaches for a few years. Is Clawson Tennessee’s guy because he was OC for a year? These dudes didn’t go to Wake and have all coached multiple places. That’s a ridiculous sentiment.

We had Rusty Larue as a player AND a coach. HE WAS IN THE BUILDING (that is too big) AND WE LET HIM GO.

Rusty and I argue about Wake basketball from time to time, but he is still a great Deac. Unfortunately, we can't hire him now because those Dairy-O franchises are making him too much money.

I told people we could have hired him when Odom left for SC, but shitty fans like DR and RJ didn't listen. Now here we are, 20+ years later, and we missed our chance. We are doing the same thing with Mucius right now.

Back