• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I’m guessing if they lose Cal, they end up hiring Pearl.

Scott Drew would get a call too.

Pearl could easily handle the stress and attention at UK. Might be a decent five year bridge to a long term coach

Obviously Kentucky will throw a bag at Hurley. I bet he stays put, though.

Kentucky can pick whoever they want
I don’t think this is true, at least not anymore. Kentucky is a pressure cooker, and media rights money + NIL has evened the playing field a lot re:recruiting. With this happening so suddenly and unexpectedly I would bet Kentucky gets rejected a couple of times before hiring a new coach. Nate Oats is the top candidate being mentioned online right now.

KY Targets:

Jay Wright
Danny Hurley
Nate Oats
Scott Drew

I mean honestly didn’t this whole scenario work out pretty well for Kentucky, Arkansas and Cal? Seems like they all probably got more or less what they wanted.

Obviously Kentucky will throw a bag at Hurley. I bet he stays put, though.

Yeah. Hurley is a NE guy. His entire playing and coaching career has been in that area. And he’s now got the best college job in that region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back