• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 FB Schedule News

DeacKillsaDevil

Reaction score
We play Ole Miss at home next season. 9/14

From today’s SEC schedule release

58094c1f534d07df465a2da790b14eec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t know we were playing them so apologies if this was already known

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that series was announced for 2024-2025 in 2014.

I don't know when it was first announced but it was also in the email that Wake sent about the seat rights program last week.

We had a good home and home with them in 2006 & 2008. The 2006 game was in Oxford and was the one that was delayed forever by bad weather. We won both games. The 2006 Ole Miss team was not good but the 2008 team was pretty good.

FYI- both Ole Miss and UConn were on our schedule in 2006.

This is what has been posted so far. The Ole Miss date came true, so this could be legit.
I wonder if they will move the A&T game to the 29th. Seems to be the trend.

I don't know when it was first announced but it was also in the email that Wake sent about the seat rights program last week.

We had a good home and home with them in 2006 & 2008. The 2006 game was in Oxford and was the one that was delayed forever by bad weather. We won both games. The 2006 Ole Miss team was not good but the 2008 team was pretty good.

Think about how much times have changed. We listened to that ‘06 game on campus on the radio. Can you imagine an ACC-SEC not being televised?

It was streaming somehow because I remember watching it on a laptop. Was that when ESPN3 was a thing?

Swank was so confident in that 2008 game that he literally was skipping onto the field before kicking the 41 yd. game-winner.
Fond memory of walking to the parking lot afterwards with U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" blaring over the PA.

Swank was so confident in that 2008 game that he literally was skipping onto the field before kicking the 41 yd. game-winner.
Fond memory of walking to the parking lot afterwards with U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" blaring over the PA.
That 2008 win was a really good one. The late Jevan Snead was Ole Miss's QB and they had a good team that would upset Florida after we beat them I think.

06 game I had the flu real bad and kept falling asleep while listening on the radio.
08 was the very first game I took my now wife. She almost threw me off the bleachers when Swank made the fg.

That 2008 win was a really good one. The late Jevan Snead was Ole Miss's QB and they had a good team that would upset Florida after we beat them I think.
Yeah they had Michael Oher, Greg Hardy, and Patrick Willis all on that team I believe.

It was streaming somehow because I remember watching it on a laptop. Was that when ESPN3 was a thing?
I don't remember watching that one online but I definitely remember watching the UConn and Liberty games on ESPN360

06 game I had the flu real bad and kept falling asleep while listening on the radio.
08 was the very first game I took my now wife. She almost threw me off the bleachers when Swank made the fg.
IIRC there was a little bit of time on the clock after Swank's fg, and while it probably wouldn't' have made a difference in the outcome, the clock was allowed to expire and the Ol Miss coach (Ed Ogeron?) went after the officials pretty hard as they left the field.

IIRC there was a little bit of time on the clock after Swank's fg, and while it probably wouldn't' have made a difference in the outcome, the clock was allowed to expire and the Ol Miss coach (Ed Ogeron?) went after the officials pretty hard as they left the field.
Houston Nutt was the coach in 2008.

Yes, 2008 Ole Miss was a very good team:
  • Florida won the national championship that year, beating #1 Bama in the SECCG, and then beating #2 Oklahoma in the in national championship game. Florida's only loss that year was at home to Ole Miss.
  • In addition to winning in the swamp, 2008 Ole Miss also beat LSU on the road.
  • Ole Miss won the Cotton Bowl and finished #14 in the country.
That 2008 WF win over Ole Miss ranks as one of WF's best OOC wins ever.

I don't remember watching that one online but I definitely remember watching the UConn and Liberty games on ESPN360

I remember going to that auditorium in Benson- Pugh?- and watching the UConn game in 2006 as a student - that was only way we could get the game. Crazy.

Back