• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 FB Schedule News

Yes, 2008 Ole Miss was a very good team:
  • Florida won the national championship that year, beating #1 Bama in the SECCG, and then beating #2 Oklahoma in the in national championship game. Florida's only loss that year was at home to Ole Miss.
  • In addition to winning in the swamp, 2008 Ole Miss also beat LSU on the road.
  • Ole Miss won the Cotton Bowl and finished #14 in the country.
That 2008 WF win over Ole Miss ranks as one of WF's best OOC wins ever.
that resulted in the infamous Tebow Apology

ncb_a_tebow1_400.jpg

Army is joining the AAC next year, but their 2024 schedule has not been updated to reflect that move. Not clear if WF will stay on it or not.

Army is joining the AAC next year, but their 2024 schedule has not been updated to reflect that move. Not clear if WF will stay on it or not.
They released their AAC schedule a couple of days ago but no details on OOC opponents of which Navy will be one.

They released their AAC schedule a couple of days ago but no details on OOC opponents of which Navy will be one.
Even if they're in different divisions of the AAC, the seasons they play each other as a conference games takes away from the end of the season game. Plus, I read if they ever both qualify for the AAC title game, they'd play the weekend before the traditional end of year Army-Navy matchup??????

Even if they're in different divisions of the AAC, the seasons they play each other as a conference games takes away from the end of the season game. Plus, I read if they ever both qualify for the AAC title game, they'd play the weekend before the traditional end of year Army-Navy matchup??????
I think the agreement was to never play as a conference matchup unless both were to make it to the conference championship game. Back to back Army-Navy weekends would definitely be odd if that were to ever happen.

I think the agreement was to never play as a conference matchup unless both were to make it to the conference championship game. Back to back Army-Navy weekends would definitely be odd if that were to ever happen.
You know the easy answer to that situation is to make “America’s Game” for the AAC championship as well, that would make the normal season ending matchup even more incredible. Seems old though to be in the same conference and never play each other as a conference game. Although in the ACC, we haven’t played Miami since Clawson has been here I don’t think???

Last edited:
You know the easy answer to that situation is to make “America’s Game” for the AAC championship as well, that would the normal season ending matchup even more incredible. Seems old though to be in the same conference and never play each other. Although in the ACC, we haven’t played Miami since Clawson has been here I don’t think??.
It makes no sense for them to potentially play twice.

And Clawson has never coached against Miami in the 10 years he's been at Wake. Nor has he ever coached a game at Pitt.

"There's one team out of the ACC that's ranked, and it's Wake Forest." Great game.

I’m assuming this is one Army opponent gone. They were supposed to play Cuse.

"There's one team out of the ACC that's ranked, and it's Wake Forest." Great game.

I was reading up on Snead's death blaming it on CTE and there is a picture of him getting laid out against us in the article. Did not know he had passed.

Watching the game shows that this was a "real", honest-to-God Deacon sellout: all seats and the hill occupied and not just tickets sold, and those ticket-holders are almost all black & gold, i.e. not a sellout where at least 1/3 if not more of the seats are taken by Clemson, NCSU, etc. fans.

That Ole Miss game was a lot of fun

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Army has to drop 5 OOC games IIRC.

Army-Navy will never play as a conference game because they want to keep their weekend of the traditional game and the AAC conference title game is the weekend before so the standings wouldn't be settled if they had to wait. Obviously they COULD (but never will) meet in the title game the week before as mentioned

Army-Navy will never play as a conference game because they want to keep their weekend of the traditional game and the AAC conference title game is the weekend before so the standings wouldn't be settled if they had to wait. Obviously they COULD (but never will) meet in the title game the week before as mentioned
God I hope that happens

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

If it ever does come down to those 2, they need to make America’s game for the conference title as well. Playing 2 weeks in a row would be incredibly stupid. Who cares if the AAC champ gets decided a week later than the others.

If it ever does come down to those 2, they need to make America’s game for the conference title as well. Playing 2 weeks in a row would be incredibly stupid. Who cares if the AAC champ gets decided a week later than the others.
In that scenario, the AAC would effectively lose their championship game and the revenue that comes with it. And that would be even worse if the AAC Championship Game ever goes to a neutral location.

Back