• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 FB Schedule News

Current 2025 OOC schedule:

9/6 W. Carolina
9/13 @ Ole Miss
11/15 Army (unless scuttled)
Date to be determined: Delaware

Looks like an additional game. There was an open spot.

hi-im.gif

FWIW, next year, Clemson opens the season playing UGA in Atlanta. In week 2, Tennessee plays NC State in CLT, and in week 3, Ole Miss visits WF. Lots of early ACC/SEC action.

The road trip we’ve all been waiting for. I hate this. So many other better options for a team at that level.

Oops! I misread that!

Why? It's a much bigger deal for them to be playing us than it is for us to be playing them.
Because WF has or should have a better funded SID and getting information out to WF fans should be a priority. Maybe its me, but feel like agreeing to future football opponents is a big a deal, and something that WF would want its fans to know, rather than find out through the Delaware athletic department at the same time as the Delaware/Buffalo series.

In that scenario, the AAC would effectively lose their championship game and the revenue that comes with it. And that would be even worse if the AAC Championship Game ever goes to a neutral location.
Surely they could figure something out.

That does not seem like a very good solution.

They don’t seem to think there’s a problem.

With conferences getting rid of divisions, there is more risk of teams playing the last week of the season and the conference champions. The AAC just has a special risk.

My favorite memory of Wake vs. Delaware sports was our women's dominant win in 2008 vs. the Blue Hens who were led by Elena Delle Donne. Would have been more impressive had it been in basketball instead of volleyball, but still..

If Delaware is an FBS game, ok sure, one time is fine. Same with any of the MAC or Sun Belt teams. Get a win and get to a bowl. But please stop with the Army nonsense. It got old really really fast.

Previously, UCONN was set to be a home game on October 12th. Now it's a road game on October 19th. Guessing the 2028 game set for Storrs will now be played in W-S.

Louisiana was a bowl team in 2023 (barely). They went 6-6 in the regular season, and then lost to Jax State in OT in their bowl, to finish 6-7. The Rajun Cajuns have been to a bowl each of the last six seasons. Their primary QB, Zeon Criss, transferred to Houston last month.

Last edited:
Back