• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 NCAA College Baseball Thread

FSU up 7-0 over #8 Fl top of 4th
I know people are saying we don’t deserve our ranking, but UF being ranked as high as they are is laughable. And FSU being unranked in the D1 baseball poll is also ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, Florida is going to end up being a very good team, but if this holds, it will be their 6th loss.

Would absolutely expect FSU to be ranked if they win their series this weekend. 15-0 and coming off of a win against #8 Florida

Full head to head ACC Schedule this weekend:

BC at Pitt
NC State at GT
VT at L'ville
ND at FSU
Clemson at Duke
UNC at Miami

and of course....

WF at UVA

Southern Miss eeks out a win today against Marshall in extras, 2-1. Marshall pitcher had 9.0 IP, 2 hits, and threw 62 (out of 90!) strikes. Southern Miss started with 8.0 IP and a similar stat line. Duke and Clemson coming down to the wire, as well.

Florida State walloped Florida by 11 today. I get Florida wins their weekend series but I feel like they’re really gonna start stretching the whole “midweeks don’t matter” thing here

Florida State walloped Florida by 11 today. I get Florida wins their weekend series but I feel like they’re really gonna start stretching the whole “midweeks don’t matter” thing here
Doesn’t matter. ACC will have collusion against us. It’s tough for baseball because the Big 10 is basically a D2 conference. But as baseball becomes more popular we’ll get screwed more and more.

Florida’s resume is so bizarre. Not sure how they hang on to top 10 other than “something, something, SEC”
It's definitely a weird resume, but winning a series at Texas A&M and at LSU is genuinely impressive. Losing all these midweeks should certainly matter towards the rankings, but it should be weighted a lot less than weekend games.

In a sense they are kind of like us where it's going to be really tough to beat them in a weekend series, but their pitching just seems to fall off a cliff after their top 2-3 guys.

If Wake and UF can get back to Omaha I wouldn't want to play either of them. Biggest goal should be to host supers for both of us.

Back