• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 NCAA College Baseball Thread

this freshman for georgia tech is having a good start:

too bad we don't play them

ACC went 8-0 yesterday outscoring their opponents: 97-20.

The Conference is 82-20. FSU, Duke and UVA are the remaining unbeatens. L'ville is the only sub-.500 ACC team at 3-4.

This upcoming weekend is the last one before conference play starts. Some big OOC series involving ACC teams this weekend:

Clemson at S. Carolina
UGA v. GT (2 game series in both Atlanta and Athens)
Florida at Miami
Pitt plays Oklahoma, tOSU and Cal in Las Vegas

ha, as they were showing the scores on the bottom line during the hoops game last night I had a similar thought to tally the ACC combined score

The Conference is 82-20. FSU, Duke and UVA are the remaining unbeatens. L'ville is the only sub-.500 ACC team at 3-4.

This upcoming weekend is the last one before conference play starts. Some big OOC series involving ACC teams this weekend:

Clemson at S. Carolina
UGA v. GT (2 game series in both Atlanta and Athens)
Florida at Miami
Pitt plays Oklahoma, tOSU and Cal in Las Vegas
Small correction on UGA/GT - it’s 3 games, one in Atlanta, one in Athens, and one neutral site in Gwinnett County where the Braves AAA team plays.

Only really eye catching series this weekend seems to be inter-state rivalries. Miami and Florida first pitch @7PM tonight, and with Florida’s midweek woes it’d be nice for the ACC if Miami could take one or two. Clemson and South Carolina play in Columbia at 7 as well tonight, and that’ll sure as hell be what I’d throw on. Indiana and Alabama both play tonight too, ranked matchup albeit no stakes outside of fuck the SEC. Wouldn’t mind seeing Indiana win this series.

Looks like our late night games are:
Texas vs LSU @8pm
Villanova vs LMU @9pm
Ohio State vs Cal @9pm
And too many Big West games to write out

Completely missed LSU vs. Texas too, somehow. Should top out everything I just mentioned right there ^

UVA now down 7-3 and the bases are loaded for UMass, 2 outs in the top of the 8th.

UMass is 1-4, so wouldn’t be a great first loss for UVA.

A warning track shot ends the top of the 8th with the bases loaded.

UVa does lose to UMass 10-5 after having to go extras yesterday against them to win.

I was just looking at Coastal's schedule since we play there in 10 days. They play their first 20 games of the year all at home before finally playing a game at State on March 19th. That begins 9 straight roadies for them. They have a decent schedule. Playing quite a few ranked teams outside of the Sunbelt.

Deacs remain atop. This weekend's opponent checks in at #12:

What does D1 Baseball see in UCSB? They look like a heaping pile of mid... not sure why they're still ranked there. They have exactly one impressive win-- 20-8 @ Campbell. Losses to Sac State and Pepperdine.

I mean they just won 2/3 at an Oregon team that was ranked before this weekend.

Not elite by any stretch, but if they were high on them to start then I don't think they should drop out based on what they've done.

Back