• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Japan must have a law that all their courses be lush, green and pristine. That's a really pretty tree lined course with mountains in the background where they're playing this week. I also like Wilshire where the women are playing - very old and quirky. The Nawleans Dye course doesn't do a lot for me.

Pretty sure there is all sorts of bad reporting going around about these payments. These are equity ownership stakes in the new for profit model. not just straight up cash payments, at least from my understanding.

Last edited:
Yep, with LIV and the weird underbelly that supports it lurking in media - the amount of just complete bullshit being fired is soaring.

Side note, seems like they brought about 3 cameras total to the Zurich. I've seen maybe five guys outside the Rory group hit a shot, but we've had extensive coverage of Rory's group standing around on tees and walking down fairways doing nothing. Time for 7 more minutes of commercials and a "playing-through" - the fans are really winning with all this money the players get!

Agree. Magnamious move by Cole, but geez, there are not that many opportunities to get a PGAT win, and this tournament counts as one for both players. With a solid partner, Cole could easily be in the mix; on DraftKings odds board, the Cole/Cochran team is DFL 1,000 to 1. Would be shocking if they even made the cut.

I got the Haas/Haas pairing. It was father/son. Bill Haas has won several times on the PGAT and is set whether he wins another tournament or not. Eric Cole isn't in the same position. That said, Cole knew what he was doing, and I am sure their group will have a fun couple of days.
The 35-year-old Cole hoped to spend the week celebrating 65-year-old Cochran, whom Cole invited to play so Cochran could hit his 600th career start. Cochran had been stuck on 599 career PGA TOUR starts for over a decade. His last PGA TOUR event was the 2013 Sony Open in Hawaii (T41).

Saw this blurb in the article on PGATour.com about Eric Cole's first career hole-in-one (in competition) yesterday, so the decision to ask Cochran to be his partner makes a bit more sense with this context. Even with the hole-in-one they only shot 3-under yesterday, so doesn't look like they will be around for the weekend.

The 35-year-old Cole hoped to spend the week celebrating 65-year-old Cochran, whom Cole invited to play so Cochran could hit his 600th career start. Cochran had been stuck on 599 career PGA TOUR starts for over a decade. His last PGA TOUR event was the 2013 Sony Open in Hawaii (T41).

Saw this blurb in the article on PGATour.com about Eric Cole's first career hole-in-one (in competition) yesterday, so the decision to ask Cochran to be his partner makes a bit more sense with this context. Even with the hole-in-one they only shot 3-under yesterday, so doesn't look like they will be around for the weekend.
Yeah, can’t imagine alternate shot being very kind to them today.

Japan must have a law that all their courses be lush, green and pristine. That's a really pretty tree lined course with mountains in the background where they're playing this week. I also like Wilshire where the women are playing - very old and quirky. The Nawleans Dye course doesn't do a lot for me.
I played it a number of years ago. Highly unmemorable.

I wish they'd play this event on an insane golf course. For the 2 four ball rounds I want 8,500+ yards of brutality with tucked pins cut into ridges. Then flip it to total risk/reward in alternate shot, move the tees way up on 4 of the par 4's to encourage trying to drive them, make sure there are no true 3 shot par 5's, etc.

This setup and the leaderboard it's produced just makes the tourney look randomized. Hopefully alt shot will allow some separation...

600th career start?

I know people generally like round numbers, but why does that matter?

Is there some significance to 600 career starts verus 599 (like its the most all-time)?

Yep, with LIV and the weird underbelly that supports it lurking in media - the amount of just complete bullshit being fired is soaring.

Side note, seems like they brought about 3 cameras total to the Zurich. I've seen maybe five guys outside the Rory group hit a shot, but we've had extensive coverage of Rory's group standing around on tees and walking down fairways doing nothing. Time for 7 more minutes of commercials and a "playing-through" - the fans are really winning with all this money the players get!
Pretty sure that, like most of the non-majors and non-elevated events, the feed on Thursday and Friday afternoon is just the featured groups that they have on PGA Tour live, plus the "featured holes" (normally all the par 3s)

Back