• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Heard that Rahm was really annoyed by the loud music during last week's event in Mexico. Not kidding. LIV is in Vegas this week along with a semi-popular football game.
Talk about your 1st world problems.

Also, while not as bad as last week, the weather is not exactly great in the Phoenix area this week, unseasonably cool and rainy....coupled with the regular (not super-sized) purse on the line this week, makes it an easy decision for someone to withdraw this week and rest up for the Genesis if they are nursing a minor injury (or doing the "load management" version for PGA tour members)

So Pebble and Riviera are "elevated" events but Torrey Pines and Phoenix are not?

PGAT now calls the 'elevated' events, 'signature' events. For 2024 they are:

• The Sentry
  • AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
  • The Genesis Invitational
  • Arnold Palmer Invitational
  • RBC Heritage
  • Wells Fargo Championship
  • The Memorial Tournament
  • The Travelers Championship

This year they are. Phoenix was elevated last year, but it sounds like Pebble Beach (and their sponsor AT&T) is going to have favored elevated event status moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if RBC Heritage eventually "rolled off" the signature event status at some point, I'm just not sure what they would replace it with. And who knows what happens going forward with the Wells Fargo event, now that they have balked at extending their sponsorship of that event.

Alex eagled 18 this a.m. to finish at -2 with -5 leading. He was also in 1 of the feature groups with Lombard and Otaegui.

This year they are. Phoenix was elevated last year, but it sounds like Pebble Beach (and their sponsor AT&T) is going to have favored elevated event status moving forward. I wouldn't be surprised if RBC Heritage eventually "rolled off" the signature event status at some point, I'm just not sure what they would replace it with. And who knows what happens going forward with the Wells Fargo event, now that they have balked at extending their sponsorship of that event.
I'm amazed the RBC Heritage (i.e., Harbor Town) is an elevated/signature event. Love it, but it doesn't seem to have the strongest field historically. I guess its all about how much $$ the sponsors pony up.

The Heritage (Masters) and the Travelers (US Open) are both right after majors. Think that also has something to do with it.

The Heritage (Masters) and the Travelers (US Open) are both right after majors. Think that also has something to do with it.
I concur. That said, I'm not overly fond of that Connecticut course, whereas I love Harbourtown. It might have the best collection of par 3s on tour, and you don't have to be a bomber to play there. And it's pretty.

Every time I've played Harbour Town its been in terrible shape. That really messes up how I feel about that course.
How long ago was that? I remember that same thing from about 20-25 years ago but since a new owner bought Sea Pines (maybe 15 years ago? 18?) I think it’s been in great shape. If you are a Hilton Head visitor, the course you really want to play if you like great conditioning is Sea Pines Country Club. Always immaculate.

It's been several years since I've played it. But since you asked how I played the last 3 holes, that day I played them birdie - birdie - birdie from the pro tees meaning we stepped back to the tips on all holes even when there weren't tee markers back there - especially 18. Hey, you asked.

Every time I've played Harbour Town its been in terrible shape. That really messes up how I feel about that course.
It was in ok shape when played there, but not worth the price imo

Back