• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

It's way early, but Will Z if off to flying start a the Genesis -5 through the first 7 holes (tied with Cantlay and Speith for the lead). Impressive as this is a tough track.
He's made his last 2 cuts, so he must be trusting his revamped swing pretty quickly. That's good news. His new putting stroke with the broom stick looks a lot smoother and less wiggly than his old stroke does. Looking forward to watching the last few hours of that tonight. Love that layout, and it looks so cool this time of year with the barren sycamores. Is there a 9 in the world with 2 better par 3s than 4 and 6?

Patrick Cantlay is the one remaining PGAT golfer that I wish would defect to LIV. His game is so ponderous and his personality matches.

Patrick Cantlay is the one remaining PGAT golfer that I wish would defect to LIV. His game is so ponderous and his personality matches.
Yeah, I don't root for him at all in PGA events. That said, he's 1 of the few Americans who will show up for the RC on foreign soil.

Watched some of the ladies Aramco this a.m. For a country that has not treated women particularly well, it's nice that the purse in the kingdom is the same for the men and women - $5mil. But 1 of the things I consistently notice all over the Middle East is that there are next to zero people in the gallery outside of the Dubai events. And most of the galleries in Dubai are not locals. The Saudis, Emirates and Qataris spend a lot on auto racing and soccer, but those sports appear to be pretty popular throughout the ME. Golf doesn't move the needle in the slightest over there, yet this Saudi prince is spending billions on golf. Is their sole aim that we have fuck you money and we want to be relevant on the world stage in something no one in our country cares about?

Their sole aim is to use sports to wash away the human rights violations of their regime.

100% chance this draws more eyeballs than LIV events do.

Their sole aim is to use sports to wash away the human rights violations of their regime.

So why does the UAE do it? They host 4 DP events per year with purses totaling $20-25mil with few locals going to those events (but they sing/chat in the background). The Emeratis probably engage in similar abuses of their imported workers from the Indian subcontinent as the Qataris do, but they don't engage in similar human rights abuses that the bin Salman regime has.

And if the Saudi goal was solely to sports wash, then it has backfired in a yuge way. LIV is a terrible product that no one watches, and it has led to heightened criticism of bin Salman regime. If I'm bin Salman, I can't be thrilled with this $3-4bil foray into the golf world. It hasn't gone nearly as well as their investments in auto racing and soccer via Newcastle and paying over the hill names to come to KSA.

How much do I have to pay to watch a golf feed where they don't cut all sound out for 10 seconds every time a player says "damnit?"

Tiger carted off, sick. Or something.

And Will birdies 9-11 to get into T2 position. After winning a Genesis for him and his caddie yesterday. And Cam is currently T15. Encouraging last month for both.

So great to see Willy Z back in form. Can't wait to see him in Augusta although, I had to look it up to make sure he's qualified.

Back