• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

Agree. He changed his swing and he doesn't seem to have an idea where the ball is going. Hoping that he will get his groove back.
It's gonna be a process before he starts trusting his swing. I'd imagine this will be somewhat of a lost year for him. It took Ricky a long while after he made swing changes for him to get good again. I hope he can stay patient. The 1 positive for Will is his putting stroke is more pleasing to the eye with the new broom stick.

In other Wake golfing news, Cam has a 3 shot lead at -13 in the Rolex Dubai event with a good field. Alex is T15 at -5. Cam was in the a.m. wave so wasn't on air this a.m. but will be front and center the next 2 days.

It's gonna be a process before he starts trusting his swing. I'd imagine this will be somewhat of a lost year for him. It took Ricky a long while after he made swing changes for him to get good again. I hope he can stay patient. The 1 positive for Will is his putting stroke is more pleasing to the eye with the new broom stick.

In other Wake golfing news, Cam has a 3 shot lead at -13 in the Rolex Dubai event with a good field. Alex is T15 at -5. Cam was in the a.m. wave so wasn't on air this a.m. but will be front and center the next 2 days.
Cam was on at Midnight last night. I was going to watch some of him and fell asleep and woke up with him on the 17th shooting -9 for the day with a four shot lead only to watch him struggle to par 17 and hit 18 approach in the water for a bogey. Now I am afraid to watch him as I think I may have brought bad luck lol.

Cam was on at Midnight last night. I was going to watch some of him and fell asleep and woke up with him on the 17th shooting -9 for the day with a four shot lead only to watch him struggle to par 17 and hit 18 approach in the water for a bogey. Now I am afraid to watch him as I think I may have brought bad luck lol.
I'm too old to stay up that late, but I was watching early this a.m. I like the DP announcers. One of them referred to 1 of the palm trees on 17 as the Patrick Reed tree. Not sure whether it was the tree his ball was really in or whether it was the incorrect tree he positively identified his ball as being in. They didn't clarify.

Speaking of Burns, I find myself having a bit of contempt for the guys on our Ryder Cup team not named Homa, Cantlay, Harmon and Thomas. The rest of the team were such no shows that week with the lowlite being 2 of the top 4 players in the world getting boat raced 9 and 7. And the guy who has risen the most in my estimation in the last year is Harmon. Never much cared 1 way or the other about him, but I love how he stuck it to those British galleries and followed that up with a strong RC showing. He and Homa are now our grittiest guys.

Last edited:
She would have a claim on LIV bonuses paid before the divorce was final

Because he has two young kids including the one whose birth he missed cause the pga schedule was too taxing…

Cam got off to a slow start on the front before carding 3 birds on the back and has a 2 stroke lead over McIlroy and Meronk. He hit it well but didn't take advantage of the par 5s - missed a shortish putt on 10 and put himself in jail on 18. And Alex is T7 at -7, though didn't get much TV coverage. Will is hovering around today's cut line - better than last week. Rory had a big move with a 63 today and has only won 5 times in Dubai.

US AM (and still amateur) champ winning by 5 at the Amex. He still isn’t favored over the field. -11 through 16 on the day.

I was there when Mickelson won as an amateur. I had no appreciation really for how rare his win really was at the time.

Will be fascinating to see how Dunlap fares tomorrow playing with Burns and Thomas in the final group. He's definitely got the game, but the pressure will be intense, especially if he starts slow on this birdie-fest course.

Back