• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

What deal?
Harris also echoed calls by President Joe Biden for a six-week ceasefire — a proposal that would allow for the release of hostages held by Hamas and a surge of humanitarian aid into Gaza.

The rest of the quotes in the link is a decent play for Harris to be seen as pushing Biden further left to get some support from the left. It could work for her

Why would you send the person with the least credibility in the entire US Gov't to try to negotiate this ?

I would say its James Comer and any republican who willingly used Russian disinformation to discredit the United States.

There’s countless moron representatives but folks happen to distrust Kamala Harris for some reason. Makes you wonder.

Really ? what had Harris led on the last 3.5 years ? I'm not saying she's hugely less effective than past VP's, but she's definitely on credibility watch as she has no foreign policy experience.

Really ? what had Harris led on the last 3.5 years ? I'm not saying she's hugely less effective than past VP's, but she's definitely on credibility watch as she has no foreign policy experience.

Fascinating ! Should I repeat my post or do you have anything further about how she has the least credibility in the us govt ?

Isn't that the point of sending her...?

Do you not feel that the situation in Gaza warrants the attention of the actual President of the US, like has been typically been given, or do you think VP Harris has graduated from ribbon cuttings and should therefore be the face of American foreign policy in the region ?

Do you not feel that the situation in Gaza warrants the attention of the actual President of the US, like has been typically been given, or do you think VP Harris has graduated from ribbon cuttings and should therefore be the face of American foreign policy in the region ?
Israel is sending a secondary official too. This is not the head of one state at war meeting with the chief ribbon cutter of another state. And further, just meeting with this guy Gantz is apparently an insult to Netanyahu, so Biden leading the effort could be a big issue. Harris seems like a good choice for those reasons. If it fails, it'll be easy to politically pin it on Hamas and the Israelis, if it successfully kick starts an actual cease fire agreement, Kamala gets a lot of credit.

edit: "sending is the wrong word here...Netanyahu is apparently pretty pissed about this meeting and did not "send" Gantz. Gantz is going to this meeting against his own prime minister's will.

Could Steve Forbes stand to benefit in regards to credibility with more foreign policy experience?

Could Steve Forbes stand to benefit in regards to credibility with more foreign policy experience?

He would probably be the wrong guy to have in the studio during March Madness, despite his past availability.

This morning on Meet the Press, Haley says she's no longer bound by the RNC obligation to support Trump.
She also said:

(1) The decision on what to do with embryos is b/w parents and doctor (no kidding);
(2) But she also thinks embryos are babies... but I guess it is okay if a parent decides with their doctor to terminate an embryo;
(3) Asked how this is consistent with her view on abortion, she says it is an issue to be determined by the states (I pause to note this was tried with slavery, did not work);
(4) She was not asked why she initially supported the Alabama decision, though see her response in 2.

She is just so cynical.

With respect to #2, Republicans have a big problem separating their personal beliefs from their policy agenda. Haley could easily say "I believe embyros are babies based on my faith, but reproductive health and family planning should be up to the family and their doctor, not the government beyond issues of public safety." But Republicans are all about enshiring their beliefs into policy.

With respect to #2, Republicans have a big problem separating their personal beliefs from their policy agenda. Haley could easily say "I believe embyros are babies based on my faith, but reproductive health and family planning should be up to the family and their doctor, not the government beyond issues of public safety." But Republicans are all about enshiring their beliefs into policy.
They want us all to adhere to laws based on the belief system they hold while their actions do not match those same... ideals.

Back