• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Not the whole problem - but not being able to get through the 5th (again) is not good. Next thing you know we're having to use 5 plus relievers. All of who've been sketchy throughout the season
Look at his pitch count after 4 innings...

Sunday will be Massey for 60 pitches and then a parade of arms.
Can't imagine seeing Falco, Leffew, or Morningstar. I guess Ray, Gervase, Koshy. and maybe Johnston? Any idea on Walter, Lee or Wade? Thought they would be available but haven't noticed if they are even throwing in the bullpen. Anyone know if Jeter Polledo is redshirting? If not, might as well give him a game. He looks smooth when taking infield. I have no idea about his bat though.

I'd have said the same thing about NC State and the final four, but I'd be sweating now. Don't bet on baseball, too random.

Can't imagine seeing Falco, Leffew, or Morningstar. I guess Ray, Gervase, Koshy. and maybe Johnston? Any idea on Walter, Lee or Wade? Thought they would be available but haven't noticed if they are even throwing in the bullpen. Anyone know if Jeter Polledo is redshirting? If not, might as well give him a game. He looks smooth when taking infield. I have no idea about his bat though.
Ray, Gunther, Wade all available.

Essex, as always, fantastic job and I hope selfishly that for our sake you're able to figure out some way to stay around post graduation.

Personally, this shit has me concerned: “The message is to stay the course,” Walter added. “When you look back to your good seasons, whether it be here or other places, there’s always that kind of defining-moment game where teams go from hoping to win to believing they’re gonna win. We haven’t crossed that threshold yet.

“We’re close to having that kind of defining thing where the tides turn and we start to believe. It needs to come soon because, at some point, we’re gonna have too much ground to make up.”

The vibe coming from the clubhouse post Louisville Saturday was that that was the turning moment, it obviously wasn't.

I hate being that person, but I just fucking hate the vibe of this quote going into a Sunday game where you're trying not to get swept by an in-state rival and drop to 4-8 in conference.

Thanks for the coverage. A much more honest assessment from Walter than Friday’s game. He sounded desperate and that is probably fair. Seemed like he was begging for someone to step up and make a winning play or have a big game at the plate. It has been forever and a day whe we had a player really go off at the plate.

Essex, as always, fantastic job and I hope selfishly that for our sake you're able to figure out some way to stay around post graduation.

Personally, this shit has me concerned: “The message is to stay the course,” Walter added. “When you look back to your good seasons, whether it be here or other places, there’s always that kind of defining-moment game where teams go from hoping to win to believing they’re gonna win. We haven’t crossed that threshold yet.

“We’re close to having that kind of defining thing where the tides turn and we start to believe. It needs to come soon because, at some point, we’re gonna have too much ground to make up.”

The vibe coming from the clubhouse post Louisville Saturday was that that was the turning moment, it obviously wasn't.

I hate being that person, but I just fucking hate the vibe of this quote going into a Sunday game where you're trying not to get swept by an in-state rival and drop to 4-8 in conference.
Sounded like he was hedging his bets for tomorrow, “It may not come tomorrow” or something to that effect

First off, thank you so much for the note. Very kind. I certainly sometimes wish I could stick around, too.

Secondly, I agree on the sentiments about Walt's quotes from tonight. But it's true in my mind. Time is going to have to come soon where Wake turns the season around. I'm just not sure it's ever going to happen. The ACC is very good this year. Series wins are going to be an absolute battle.

Welp. So much for sweeping the holes @ home.

Let's try really hard today not to get swept.

Never bet baseball is correct, but one of the safest bets you can ever make, is any Wake Forest team coming into a season with really high expectations will miserably disappoint. I expected this to happen.

So you're saying we shouldn't have locked in Walter long term on the strength of one miracle season? But isn't that how it's always done? I kid, I kid.

Back