• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

gill has been bad against tougher acc pitching this year, but he was bad against non-con pitching that is the same caliber or worse than he faced last year. i think it’s possible he just had a lucky babip year last season.

regardless, you would have to think him and ballestero hit better going forward (i.e. going from a combined .515 ops to .650 or so)

Or another angle is if we do sweep the series, Then maybe we keep this same thread title the rest of the season

FSUs Brendon Oxford pitched in relief today vs BC. Game is tied in the 9th

burley almost certainly will not be able to hit: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=burley000jac

but if he can catch the ball i won’t care.

eta: synergy defensive runs saved (which as discussed does not appear to factor in being able to catch the ball) did grade him really poorly on pitch framing (and to a lesser extent, throwing out baserunners), but caveat that like he didn’t have many games with pitchfx last season.

but again: if he can catch the ball, i won’t care.

Wyatt Parliament on the bump for VT. 3-1, 29 IP. 5.59 ERA, 26 H, 6 BB, 35K, 7 HR allowed. RHP.

I wouldn't mind him being moved by a Nuclear Bomb in the first.
If he did that and tore the roof off the sucka, would that make Kurtz an Atomic Dog?

Back