• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

bullpen obviously continues to be a struggle, but i think the biggest x-factor is michael massey. he was supposed to be the best sunday starter in the nation. he has a 5.19 era in conference play which isn't horrible but he's only pitched 17.1 innings in six starts, under three per start, and his longest start was only four innings.

stuff still looks great, his command has been iffy but not as bad as the walk #s would imply, so still have some hope.

And yet we've won the last 3 Sunday. Games. Is our bullpen as good as last year? of course, not, but it's still better than most even top twenty baseball teams

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

we've scratched by in the regular season, but starting pitching depth is more important in the postseason. at this point, can you risk starting massey in game 1 of a regional like we did last year w/ keener vs. gmu?

Assuming we're hosting I think I would probably go with Hartle in the 1v4, but that gets into comfort zone for Hartle as much as anything too. May not want to switch it back. I would definitely put Chase in the 2nd game of the regional.

I think it depends on who the 4 seed is, and how the bullpen shows up the next few weeks.

And yet we've won the last 3 Sunday. Games. Is our bullpen as good as last year? of course, not, but it's still better than most even top twenty baseball teams

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
Conversely we’ve lost the last two starts from Hartle where he played pretty well.

Wake needs to go on a rampage these next ten games before clemson. Anything less than nine wins will be painful
6/10 of those games are on the road, and it's baseball. Saying anything less than 9-1 would be unacceptable is a bit aggressive.

But yeah, this is the first easy stretch of the schedule since the first week in March and I expect Wake to take advantage and pad the W/L record a good bit.

Notre Dame has been crappy for most of the year, but they just swept BC at home; while Clemson did sweep ND in South Bend, two were one run games. Overall, ND is 10-4 at home; 5-4 in the ACC. May not be easy against the Irish.

Notre Dame has been crappy for most of the year, but they just swept BC at home; while Clemson did sweep ND in South Bend, two were one run games. Overall, ND is 10-4 at home; 5-4 in the ACC. May not be easy against the Irish.
We’re better than clemson. They just have the easier path in the conference.

I said what I said, and I stand the hell by it. Come at me.

in a twist, after fsu’s endless supply of lefty pitchers, we might face exclusively right handed pitchers against ND. Unbelievably they have only recorded one single out in all of conference play by lefties.

in a twist, after fsu’s endless supply of lefty pitchers, we might face exclusively right handed pitchers against ND. Unbelievably they have only recorded one single out in all of conference play by lefties.
Kurtz gonna mash.

Back