• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

H Lee to the mound with a 99 era? 😱😵. Hoping only due to lack of innings pitched. Can only go down from here?

I will repeat this after every single win. No wonder people think shit like KP and RPI are a joke when Indiana State is still above us.

I will repeat this after every single win. No wonder people think shit like KP and RPI are a joke when Indiana State is still above us.
I mean if we are comparing them, RPI is basically pre-algebra while KP is AP Calculus, but sure.

RPI is entirely just who you played and if you won. So I assume Indiana State has won a lot since they probably play an easy schedule.

indiana state is good, they won their regional last year and would have hosted a super regional if not for scheduling conflicts.

we have a losing record in quad 1 and 2 games (12-14), all 10 teams ahead of us have a winning record in those games.

Last edited:
I mean if we are comparing them, RPI is basically pre-algebra while KP is AP Calculus, but sure.

RPI is entirely just who you played and if you won. So I assume Indiana State has won a lot since they probably play an easy schedule.
They have 1 more win than we do and their SOS is 60 spots lower.

They have 1 more win than we do and their SOS is 60 spots lower.
I mean they also have 6 fewer losses. I personally think Wake is a more talented team, but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to think Indiana State has a top 10 or 15 resume in the country at this point.

I don’t get how we can do all the complaining about Wake underperforming this year that we’ve done and also argue that Wake is undoubtedly better than a team that won a regional last year and is 34-10 this year.

I mean they also have 6 fewer losses. I personally think Wake is a more talented team, but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to think Indiana State has a top 10 or 15 resume in the country at this point.

I don’t get how we can do all the complaining about Wake underperforming this year that we’ve done and also argue that Wake is undoubtedly better than a team that won a regional last year and is 34-10 this year.
I continue to be unclear what last year has to do with anything

I continue to be unclear what last year has to do with anything
For 2024 RPI calculations? Nothing.

But Indiana State had a very similar SOS and RPI last year as they do this year and performed to expectations. So slamming their RPI this year feels weak to me

But Indiana State had a very similar SOS and RPI last year as they do this year and performed to expectations. So slamming their RPI this year feels weak to me
How about this for RPI. Indiana State is 34-10 and #9 in RPI with a SOS of 60. FSU is 36-10 and #7 in RPU with a SOS of 21. That is very off.

Our greatest athlete of all time is Arnold Palmer/theirs is Larry Bird so that’s a push, but the separation and drop off between Tim Duncan and Carl Nix is monumental so there’s that.

Our greatest athlete of all time is Arnold Palmer/theirs is Larry Bird so that’s a push, but the separation and drop off between Tim Duncan and Carl Nix is monumental so there’s that.
Look, I love Bird as much as the next guy, but Arnie >Bird. Arnie vs. Jordan might be a push.

Also, ELO is much more accurate. We are #12 and Indiana State is #24. If only the committee used that.

The complaints were registered when the season was over. We are now back. Do try to keep up.

KLEMPSON has two lefty starters (smith & darden) on friday and saturday. wonder how aggressively we go w/ platoon shifts in the starting lineup (esp. on friday since burns gives up so few balls in play). maybe we see austin hawke out there. also curious if they go with morales against an LHP. it's also been a while since king has played CF. if they don't wanna mess with that, maybe there's a repeat of yesterday and reinisch plays the field and we open up DH.

Back