• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Speaking of, what happened to Currie’s decree that we were canceling all future sporting events against liberty? That only pertain to football where we were afraid of losing?

Speaking of, what happened to Currie’s decree that we were canceling all future sporting events against liberty? That only pertain to football where we were afraid of losing?
Currie never made that decree, we just wanted him to. He did announce that we canceled the rest of our planned football games with them.

Winning 2 against Clemson is 1000x more important than whether we even play Liberty. Let Kurtz pitch against Liberty for all I care.
Honestly, Senior Night, no guarantee of hosting ... he should pitch that day.

2 Tix available for today's Clemson game.
PM me.

Last edited:
Nothing fires up some good ‘ole hate like looking at today’s schedule and seeing Clemson on there! Let’s have some solid D and run support early while we let it BURN(S) boys!!!

Not sure if this was posted yet, but D1 put out potential regional host sites as of May 8. Got the Deacs as a #2 seed in Athens regional.

Wake currently has a better RPI and played a stronger schedule than both UVA and Duke.

A series win this weekend would be massive

Wake currently has a better RPI and played a stronger schedule than both UVA and Duke.

A series win this weekend would be massive
Yeah unfortunately we lost both those series. It’s baseball and who knows but hard to see things fall into place to host with a loss tonight.

Ethan Darden is starting tonight for Clemson. As mentioned above, Clemson has lost his last 4 starts. He is a "pitch to contact" lefty. WF holds the pitching edge on tonight's game. Not so much with the remaining two games.

so, is Tristan Smith unavailable, or is Clemson shaking things up because he pitched poorly the past couple of Fridays?

I've got 2 extra, 3rd base side. PM me if interested.

Back