• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

anyone need tix to the dayton series?
I have 2 as well for Friday and Sat that I will part with for Deac fans….no charge. Just PM me with cell # and I believe I can text them to you. First in wins. Just specify which day you want. Would prefer to spread the fun to different folks each day.

Brock Wilken (Brewers) and Rhett Lowder (Reds) were non-roster invitees to MLB camp for their respective teams. That means both may get time in exhibition games. Gavin Sheets is on the White Sox roster. Stuart Fairchild is on the Reds roster. The rest of the Deacs in pro ball will report to camp in a few weeks.
Thanks for the info.

I’m laid up this weekend so I have 2 GA available for all 3 games. Free as well.

Brock Wilken (Brewers) and Rhett Lowder (Reds) were non-roster invitees to MLB camp for their respective teams. That means both may get time in exhibition games. Gavin Sheets is on the White Sox roster. Stuart Fairchild is on the Reds roster. The rest of the Deacs in pro ball will report to camp in a few weeks.
Camden Minacci is with the Angels in MLB camp as well.

I have 2 as well for Friday and Sat that I will part with for Deac fans….no charge. Just PM me with cell # and I believe I can text them to you. First in wins. Just specify which day you want. Would prefer to spread the fun to different folks each day.
Have 4 for Saturday, Sec 7 Row B behind home plate. PM cell number & can text to you.

Really happy to see Walt letting the frosh get some ABs. Winnay and Katz sit. Morales and Nelson play. Realize its only 4 games in, but the lineup was not getting it done against lesser staffs. FWIW, Cam Nelson is clearly getting the chance as a two-way player as frosh. Demonstrates lots of talent. Lets rack up some quality ABs....

Nelson was always going to be hard to keep off the field. He hats the scout on Morales?

I have high hopes for Winnay and Katz but it’s nice to see Walter tinkering with the lineup.

Morales is far from the typical DH as his recruiting profile is as polished infielder. A lefty, he is small (5-9 175), but he is known for getting on base and making contact. Think the concern was too many Ks at the bottom of the lineup.

Last edited:
Morales played some summer ball in a league with a bunch of older dudes -- he was even teammates with the guy who hit 3rd for Fordham.

Only 53 PAs, but he had a .481 OBP and 14 walks vs. only 5 Ks. And 5 stolen bases. https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=morale004ant

Nelson also played this summer (different league, but also a bunch of experienced college players) with similarly impressive numbers: https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=nelson001cam

.456 OBP, 14 walks vs. 6 Ks and 4 SBs in 69 PAs.

ETA: Winnay and especially Katz did have really good summers, too.

Last edited:
Winnay more than Katz for me, but love getting the young guys some run early.
I’m leaning that way but I still remember the Katz homer at Clemson last year. He has power that would be beneficial if he could hit the damn ball. lol.

Seems like we are going to try to manufacture more runs with this lineup. Let’s see some good AB’s and get on base!

double play
headed to bottom of first
looks like a nice day for baseball

Back