• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

IF (and it’s a colossal if) we can beat the worst team in the field with the bullpen, we are actually set up decently well for a run. Get more warmed up bats and Burns against the toughest challenge Friday. Then Hartle in the semis. Who the hell knows on Sunday (probably another Falco pen game).

It would be a colossal help if Massey could be available to pitch 1-2 innings out of the pen. Combine him with Roland and we basically replicate our back end combo from last season of Massey and Minacci. After a couple of weeks off, no way he’s going to be able to start and give us 5 innings, but having another effective bullpen arm would be huge.

We get what we deserve, which very well could be a trip to G-Vegas and The Jungle; don’t see us at all reacting or responding well in that environment ( and that’s just us fans, but probably not the team either).
Playing down the stretch similar to how baskets has done recently

from D1 for what its worth:
"Wake Forest, meanwhile, now must at least reach the ACC tournament title game to have a shot at hosting, because the Demon Deacons are just 15-15 in the ACC, and only once in the 64-team era has a team that finished .500 in conference play gone on to host (and that was after a deep conference tourney run). Wake Forest’s No. 10 RPI is nice, but it doesn’t make up for a .500 league record. At least, that’s what history would tell us."

"Wake Forest, meanwhile, now must at least reach the ACC tournament title game to have a shot at hosting, because the Demon Deacons are just 15-15 in the ACC, and only once in the 64-team era has a team that finished .500 in conference play gone on to host (and that was after a deep conference tourney run). Wake Forest’s No. 10 RPI is nice, but it doesn’t make up for a .500 league record. At least, that’s what history would tell us."
Can’t believe we went 15-15 and were swept multiple times this season.

I totally buy this. I’ve been saying for a while that I’m worried our ACC record and standing in the league is really going to hurt us. If I take the black and gold glasses off, I totally agree that a team that went .500 in conference should likely not be considered in the top 16 in the country. It’s my same argument against SEC football teams being ranked when they are 7-5.

I totally buy this. I’ve been saying for a while that I’m worried our ACC record and standing in the league is really going to hurt us. If I take the black and gold glasses off, I totally agree that a team that went .500 in conference should likely not be considered in the top 16 in the country. It’s my same argument against SEC football teams being ranked when they are 7-5.
The 3 losses between BC and ND really hurt at the time, and look even worse now. Take even 1 or 2 and it looks a lot different. Razor thin margins.

Granted everyone can play that game.

Biggest disappointment to me down the stretch has been the defense especially the infield defense....didn't see that coming given the talent.
I think this is very fair and certainly true.

Back