• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Today's opponent is Georgetown. They are 6-5 on the season. The Hoyas swept Fairleigh Dickinson last weekend. In their most recent mid-week game, G'town lost to MD 14-5, and their starter failed to record an out. G'town plays WF's weekend opponent, Duke, tomorrow. Tough two game road-trip for the Hoyas.

Duke's website has that as "postponed" for some reason. Was wondering why they would play two midweek games right before an ACC road series.

Duke's website has that as "postponed" for some reason. Was wondering why they would play two midweek games right before an ACC road series.
Not sure. G'town's website still has the Duke game is on, but would think that Duke might be more on top of things. The top Spring sport at G'town is Lax by far.

Got out, but hate being behind on so many of those at bats. Hopefully he settles down

Oof. I’m standing down the line for now. Were we getting squeezed out here last few batters? There was a curve ball I think was down but close. But some belt high pitches and a few at the knee I thought looked good?

Did a bunch of our guys get hair cuts (some more drastic than others)? It looks like Hawke is sporting a buzz cut, as well as Tellier (like we saw from Rhino this weekend) and Kurtz no longer appears to have the longish locks I've become accustomed to. Not sure about others.

Did a bunch of our guys get hair cuts (some more drastic than others)? It looks like Hawke is sporting a buzz cut, as well as Tellier (like we saw from Rhino this weekend) and Kurtz no longer appears to have the longish locks I've become accustomed to. Not sure about others.
They all did. Not sure about Massey. But they all shaved their heads. Costello did too.

Back