• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Go away. I really am not sure your goal on these boards. If you are a parody then I tip my hat and have the utmost respect for the commitment to the bit Lord knows I love a committed bit.

If you are posting in earnest here…why? You have nothing of value to add other than complaining and misery. Not a single cogent thought in 2,239 posts.
80deacon is a parody; no one could be legitmately that negative about everything. Wake Baseball in particular -- a team that is 68-15 over the past two years and with 5 to 7 first round picks.

80deacon is a parody; no one could be legitmately that negative about everything. Wake Baseball in particular -- a team that is 68-15 over the past two years and with 5 to 7 first round picks.
Also it's amazing how every post is somehow more ignorant of college baseball than the last one.

Rise and grind mis amigos! Could it be that another Josh Hartle day is upon us? Or will we get a surprise Friday Burn Notice 🔥? Either way it time to refocus and toss the pelota this afternoon. Go Deacs!

On to the next Wake Forest sports source of disappointment. Need to win 1 at least. A series win at UVA seems a tall order with the quality of play witnessed these last two weeks

I'm expecting nothing but disappoint, so if we do get it together and make another run to Omaha it will be a nice surprise.

Game plan:
-Limit walks and for God's sake no HBP!
-No tipping pitches behind the plate!
-Take pitches at the plate; no uva 3 pitch innings!
-Communicate in the field; catch and throw!

Rinse, repeat, WINNING!!

UVA is a really tough matchup, and if Houston is out, the WF lineup is really challenged. Also, WF needs to figure out its catching situation. UVA won every home series last year, except for Duke.

That said, UVA's pitchers got hammered last weekend at Miami, Miami scored 33 runs. Taking 2 out of 3 would be a big step for WF.

From D1:

“…. Massey isn’t listed as a probable starter entering the weekend.”

Hadn’t heard that.

Geez. That's not good at all for both short and long term.

Hopefully it just means Massey is being monitored and will be a game-day decision based on how he’s feeling, not that he is necessarily a scratch for the weekend.

Back