• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Michael Massey has a 1.23 ERA through his first four starts for anyone curious. He is banged up though.

(also Massey didn't really pitch in long relief last year, Seth Keener did)
He's also averaging less than 4 innings per start, hence my concern. I'm rooting for him and think he's got filthy stuff when he's on.

He's also averaging less than 4 innings per start, hence my concern. I'm rooting for him and think he's got filthy stuff when he's on.
He was/is on a much stricter pitch count than Burns/Hartle because he had an injury while ramping up in the early spring.

He's going to be just fine as a starter once he's healthy

5:30 start time which is absurd, it stopped drizzling at like 4:15. Baseball has gotten so dumb with their “rain” delays.

Wasn't game supposed to be 6? That is what my GoDeacs calendar feed had. Just went to DK for a possible bet and saw 5. Would have completely missed it if 4.

Then I checksd live stats and saw the lineup. Not exactly what I wondered was in the cards after last weekend and posted but very close .Hawke out...King at 3rd and Tellier at 2nd with Houston back at SS. Like the change. Lets see how it goes...

IMG_4301.jpeg

Houston is back. Pretty quick for a hammy injury. Seaver King has now started at Center, SS and 3B. Interesting that they moved King to 3B rather than have Tellier stay at 3b and King go to 2B. WF going with lots of lefties. Worry about UVA running all over Ballestero. FWIW, Tate started at UVA before transferring to St. John's and then to WF.

Hawke has been awful defensively at 2nd. From watching warmups, Seaver has an absolute cannon so 3rd makes some sense for him.

Back