• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

hawke got so much hype for his fielding in the offseason, hard to believe. (he had a bunch of errors in the summer, too)

Goal now to make ACC tourney. Pitching outside of Burns is terrible and hitting not much better.

I’m very surprised there’s been such little talk about Nick Kurtz, this is supposed to be a top 10 pick in the draft and he’s hitting .220 after falling off a cliff last year. Concerning to say the least.

I’m very surprised there’s been such little talk about Nick Kurtz, this is supposed to be a top 10 pick in the draft and he’s hitting .220 after falling off a cliff last year. Concerning to say the least.
I made a comment about him OTB and was lambasted by Cam so

Falling off a cliff?

He got drilled in the ribs. Prior to that he he was all world

I made a comment about him OTB and was lambasted by Cam so
Probably because you are overwhelmingly negative about everything; so, it’s hard to know what’s legit. FWIW, Kurtz was hurt last year; he didn’t fall off a cliff. Nick will turn it around. A lot of pressure when you start a season with high expectations.

Other than. Roland, whatt other important bullpen arms are still out?

Important is subjective I guess, but Crawford Wade feels like the big one.

Chase Walter and Hudson Lee are also still unavailable but should come back.

Ha Cry Happy Then Sad GIF - Ha Cry Happy Then Sad Change Mood - Discover &  Share GIFs

It sure looks bad after the first three starters, but plenty of live arms to try and lots of time to keep tinkering. The 3 weekend guys should make up for a lot. That assumes Massey can get healthy enough and Hartle is himself. If those two aren’t there the issues run much deeper.

On offense, what options do we have past the top 6 (I guess 7 with Marek)? Are we dependent on one of the freshmen breaking out or are there other places we can turn?

Back