• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Not nearly as pessimistic as a lot of people on this thread but Hartle's regression is very concerning. If he keeps pitching like this there's no way Wake will host a regional.
I feel the ACC has figured out Hartle. His pitches come in at varying angles but don't you think he suffers from having few pitches with a lot of movement?

My view is that we need a tone setter on the mound on Friday to lead off and do damage (aka Burns) and Hartle is more of a threat once we’ve established our dominance in the series with a win or two.

This is probably true. Defense is still a weakness behind a ground ball pitcher so that’s a problem.

I feel the ACC has figured out Hartle. His pitches come in at varying angles but don't you think he suffers from having few pitches with a lot of movement?
I doubt he’s been a projected first round draft pick but college kids “figured him out”
He’s just missing his spots

His release point is the issue. You don't need a pitching lab to see it.

Hartle and Kurtz playing their way down the draft oards.
Yeah. Most will still be first rounders but the others won’t be. If anything Seaver is showing he’s an everyday player.

My view is that we need a tone setter on the mound on Friday to lead off and do damage (aka Burns) and Hartle is more of a threat once we’ve established our dominance in the series with a win or two.
Also putting Hartle on Friday eats into the bullpen for the weekend

The sooner we move Chase to Fri. And Hartle to Sat the better for everyone as think Chase loves going out first and Hartle is more comfortable as #2. Hopefully next weekend change is made.
Say it again it felt like this from the fall. We have a lot of things to address but I think this would make a big difference.

Anybody who has watched Ray pitch at all the last 2 years would know there is a 50% chance of a walk or hit batter every time he is on the mound. The decision to walk the bases loaded to have a potential force out seems very questionable given he was on the mound. Of course, a hbp and walk come next then the flood gates are open.

Back