• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

There were positives this weekend in the play of Williams, Tellier, Nelson, and Winnay. I like the PH for Reinisch, put the older guys on notice. Hawke is regressing and is not hitting ACC pitching. His D is bad so far. The bullpen will look different in a bit but I don’t see it as being a strength even when healthy. Massey might be more valuable as a bullpen piece if they could find a Sunday starter. One or 2 arms seem to implode each outing, undoing some decent work from guys learning to pitch in high leverage situations. The more decisions Walter has to make will be to the detriment of the team, but that’s being a manager in general. There is no cruise control like last year. 90 feet is way more important this year than last year and they don’t play clean baseball. I would think Williams or Nelson could eventually move into the lead off spot with their pitch selection and speed. Clemson was terrible until April last year, that could be us.

I don’t like losing either, but the team is getting better. No banners for winning March.
I think the team will get better but other than hitting I wouldn’t say we’re actively getting better right now. Pitching and fielding have been bad

Don’t really understand this call at all.
did something happen to reinisch? odd.
Sorry. That was a gametracker error

checked out the box score, looks like the reason morales hit for reinisch was in order to let nelson go from rf to pitcher and then back to rf. to do that, he temporarily took reinisch’s spot at DH.

obviously that move didn’t really work for us in a couple different ways.

checked out the box score, looks like the reason morales hit for reinisch was in order to let nelson go from rf to pitcher and then back to rf. to do that, he temporarily took reinisch’s spot at DH.

obviously that move didn’t really work for us in a couple different ways.

Good problem to have but I thought Nelson had some good stuff on the mound. He’s probably too valuable to use in relief in most games though. Kid is really talented.

Assuming Kurtz’s timeline is to be believed, I like the idea of putting King at 2nd and rolling with Winnay and the freshmen in the outfield. That lineup is really good.

Back