• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I mean the definition of error seems pretty messed up when Williams trying to navigate the warning track and funky outfield wall corner is an error while a high pop up dropping 20 feet from home is a hit

Definition of an error. Camped under it and just closed his glove at the wrong time. Not that I’m watching.

4 innings, 0 earned (or even 1 if you want to question the Williams error - I would have scored it an error, but I think I tend to be harsh in terms of what I consider an average fielder should have done with ordinary effort) for Shenosky is a great outing.
You might say he’s getting better.

I mean the definition of error seems pretty messed up when Williams trying to navigate the warning track and funky outfield wall corner is an error while a high pop up dropping 20 feet from home is a hit
No doubt - that kind of pop up absolutely should be an error (and I would argue IS an error under the scoring rules, but is never scored as such).

I just heard Sorensen mention it. Maybe I’m too old and missed it earlier.

Back