• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Went into hiding for my mental health for a few days after our ACC tourney Bball loss and the Virginia series. Was just watching some of the reply of last nights game - why is Kurtz out?

Went into hiding for my mental health for a few days after our ACC tourney Bball loss and the Virginia series. Was just watching some of the reply of last nights game - why is Kurtz out?

he initially hurt his shoulder trying to make a swipe tag on a runner after a bad throw from our favorite future redemption story, austin hawke. then aggravated it trying to make a diving play against UVA.

(i think those two are related based on evan's commentary the other day)

he initially hurt his shoulder trying to make a swipe tag on a runner after a bad throw from our favorite future redemption story, austin hawke. then aggravated it trying to make a diving play against UVA.

(i think those two are related based on evan's commentary the other day)
Got it, thanks. Is there an ETA for his return or is it a Tom Walter injury mystery special?

Most recent reports are by next weekend. He wants to DH this weekend.
Cool. Although we missed his glove more today than what his bat has been thus far...Winnay I think has done well but Kurtz is so good at first.

Cool. Although we missed his glove more today than what his bat has been thus far...Winnay I think has done well but Kurtz is so good at first.
Winnay has been good at 1B. Had an excellent catch early today. The problem is the throws from 2nd and 3rd are rarely on target or quick enough.

When WF initially moved King to infield before Marek was bonked in the head, they played King at 3B and Tellier at 2B. Think King has the better arm.
I think this is true too. Probably better on the hot corner too. Some combination of that is the ticket.

Marek, Nelson, and King is a little scary to try to hit into.

When WF initially moved King to infield before Marek was bonked in the head, they played King at 3B and Tellier at 2B. Think King has the better arm.
I very much agree. King should be playing SS, 3B, or CF. He's one of the best, if not the best, athletes on the team.

Back