• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Love King's positional versatility. All key positions. CF, SS, 3B, 2B.... MLB teams love that these days. Going to boost his draft stock.

Winnay has been good at 1B. Had an excellent catch early today. The problem is the throws from 2nd and 3rd are rarely on target or quick enough.
Yeah he has been good. I think we get an extra out or two a game with Kurtz as he digs the throws out as good as anybody I’ve seen in college. And just saying he adds more there than at DH right now.

Love King's positional versatility. All key positions. CF, SS, 3B, 2B.... MLB teams love that these days. Going to boost his draft stock.
Hung out with his dad before the rain delay game couple weeks ago. Cool guy.

Yeah he has been good. I think we get an extra out or two a game with Kurtz as he digs the throws out as good as anybody I’ve seen in college. And just saying he adds more there than at DH right now.
Well obviously. No one is saying that. DH is just a step in the injury rehab.

this lineup is gonna be so dope:

ss houston
3b tellier
1b kurtz
2b king
dh reinisch
lf winnay
cf javar
c gill / ballestero
rf nelson
Just a note, I broached this subject with Walt postgame...what the defense will look like when Houston returns. Said they've "considered" putting King at third and Tellier at second. It's something that's been on their "radar screen."

Just a note, I broached this subject with Walt postgame...what the defense will look like when Houston returns. Said they've "considered" putting King at third and Tellier at second. It's something that's been on their "radar screen."
So Walter reads the boards. Good to know, we'll keep them coming.

Back